Saturday, April 3, 2010

411 Connect - City & State please!

I am starting to wonder if I have 411 tattooed on my forehead and only people who are lost or need the time can see it! It seems like people think I am a walking talking telephone directory and if they spot me within a 100ft. radius they are immediately drawn to me and feel the need to quiz me on my geography knowledge of Orange County!! Ok, this is just fine and dandy and I don't mind helping out, but I am thinking "why can't it be some hot guy who wants to ask me out on a date instead of some random person who is lost?". Here are a couple examples of what people have done recently!

Example 1: On Friday G-dog and I were out for our normal walk, we were just trottin' along minding our own business and up ahead I see a car waiting for the light to turn green and all of a sudden a woman jumps out of her car and runs to me asking if I know where the hair salon is that she needs to get to right away. I am thinking "lady can't you pull your car over to the side of the road before getting out to ask me which way you need to go?" So, I point her in the right direction and send her off on her merry way!

Example 2: Again out walking the dog (yes, this really all I do!) and some guy drives past me than all of the sudden puts his car in reverse and backs up to me, again someone who is lost, he cannot find his way out of my neighborhood. I point Mr. Reverse in the right direction and away he goes.

Example 3: I am dropping my taxes off in Newport Beach and a guy asks me where the airport is (how he ended up in this shopping center is beyond me)? I sooooooo wanted to say "go stand on the corner look up in the sky and see which way the planes are headed and go that way!", but I did not, I put on my polite hat and gave him stellar directions to the airport, I think he should of brought be back a souvenir from his trip, without me he would of missed his flight!

I could go on and on, but I am not! I find it amazing that sooo many people think that I am the girl to ask for help. Now seriously, why are the guys not thinking that I am the girl they should ask out???? :)

1 comment:

  1. That really is amazing. I hope next time it's a REALLY HOT guy!

    ReplyDelete