Saturday, April 10, 2010

Safety Tip #2


About a week ago I reminded everyone that it is time to get prepared for the next natural disaster ( I know, super exciting topic!) and then a week later Mexico had a huge earthquake that could be felt all they way up to Los Angeles. So today's tip is about a huge bullet three of my neighbors and I dodged this week. I live in a condo so we are all really close & connected to each other! The other day I was walking up the stairs and noticed that the fire extinguisher case had been broken and there was glass everywhere and I thought to myself "what the heck, who broke that?" I figured it was some juvenile delinquent who was up to no good. I could tell the that the pin on the extinguisher had been pulled and that it most likely been discharged. I called the HOA (my least favorite people in the world, i would go into detail, but that is a whole other OPRAH), told them that they need to send someone out to fix the whole mess right away. Later on that day I see one of my neighbors and ask her if she had used the extinguisher, she said "yes". Turns out that she was doing laundry on Sunday and her dryer caught on fire and they had to use it to put the fire out. CRAZY!!! All I can say is THANK GOODNESS she was home at the time of the fire! Can you imagine what kind of damage (smoke and fire) that could of been done to all of our homes had she not been home??


So moral of this story NEVER NEVER NEVER leave your dryer on while you are not home, unless you are trying to burn the place down (they have doctors for that!!!). However, I have to say I was slightly bummed that the boys in the big RED truck did not come, oh how I like to see them in action, I just might of needed a little CPR!!! A girl can dream, right??! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi - I found your blog from my good friend at 2cool4myminivan. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to mention that my neighbor had the same experience. Luckily the fire only affected her garage, although there was smoke damage. We had 4 fire trucks along our street in a matter of minutes. Great feeling to see them act quickly.

    ReplyDelete