Happy 4th of July (belated)!
I hope everyone had a fun and safe holiday. This year the Sheriff had to work, so I spent the day celebrating with all of my paddling peeps down at Baby Beach (cause for reals where else would we be?) and I seriously had such a great time. Thursday night I loaded up the CRV with all of the 4th of July essentials (not pictured is my canoe on top of the vehicle) and headed to the beach at 5:45am to secure a parking spot for the day.
We had a prime location this year, yay for getting up early.
A few of us paddle our one-man's to get in a pre-food and festivities workout in, you know so we did not feel as guilty about the junk we ate. A couple people seriously outdid themselves by cooking pancakes and bacon for everyone and I brought Mimosa's to share.
Life got just a little bit better when it was time to open up the cooler.
These pancakes were amazing, but than again everything tastes better at the beach.
After we fueled up it was time for the main event of the day "WATER WARS", seriously I am never going to grow-up. A late night target run for some squirt guns and a blocked debit card (another story for another day), it was $9 well spent. Every year DOCC rigs a couple double hulls together to take out down the inside channel for the ultimate squirt gun and bail bucket fight. This year we took out a triple hull and double hull for the "war", oh my gosh, talk about recreation at its finest.
Getting ready to head out.
And if the pictures are not enough, here is the youtube video…...Water Wars 2014 - Dana Point Harbor
Around 3:30pm, I headed home, Gracie girl had been inside since 5:30am so I needed to go let her out, after a quick shower and a nap I was ready to go for the next round of the holiday. The Sheriff was going to come over for dinner and fireworks, but he had a long busy day at work and a stomach bug so we scratched those plans, I bbq'ed for myself and went down to the Laguna Hill Community Center for fireworks. They put on a great show and it was the perfect way to end a fantastic day.
I had such a great time, I am so thankful for every one of my DOCC friends.



No comments:
Post a Comment