Not that I am a writer at all nor do I try to be one, but geez, I cannot come up with anything to talk about these days. So here is life in no particular order. It was my friend Jill's bday last Friday, she wanted everyone to come to her house, hang out, drink wine and play cards, so we did. It has been years since I have played Spoons or Bullshit, we went crazy and threw in a couple rounds of UNO too, watch out it was wild. Happy Birthday Jill!
Spoons
I continue to watch Scandal like it is my job and some moments I feel like my life at work has morphed into the show or vice versa and it takes me a moment to snap out of it and realize that Olivia Pope is not going to come “fix” the situation. I nap every night on my couch between 8-9pm (I highly do not recommend this) and the other night I woke up from my “nap” and had no idea where I was, like NOT.A.CLUE. it was scary. The Sheriff, Mr. Pie and I have been paddling together the last couple Saturdays, it has been a lot of fun. The Sheriff and I paddle the OC-2 together and Mr. Pie is on the OC-1 and paddles himself around. We have found that this works the best because if Mr. Pie is on the OC-2 he does not paddle and therefore whoever he is with ends up paddling his 60 pound body around. Speaking of Mr. Pie, he was being a 9 year old boy last week, got himself in some mischief and landed himself in the Principal’s office one day and a note home a couple days later. OMG, that little stinker! I kind of felt that his teacher overreacted a bit, but whatever he deserved a stern talking to and hopefully that is the end of it, perhaps it was his new braces that caused the trouble.
How cute is he? Even with the heart on his face he is so cute.
Halloween is fast approaching and it looks like another year will pass without going on the Haunted Hay Rides (cue the violins), instead we will be going to the City of Laguna Niguel’s Haunted Trails. It should be fun and it is less expensive so……we will go. We bought tickets to the San Diego Wild Animal Park on Groupon months ago, we are going to redeem them in a couple weeks along with my parents and Cole and Mari, so that should be a lot of fun. Rex, Mr. Pie's lizard friend that we made a pet died yesterday, R.I.P. Rex. Mr. Pie and I actually thought he was dead on Saturday, but turns out he was not. Rex was a biter and Mr. Pie got bit a couple times so being the resourceful kid he is he found a glove (actually a mitten that has skulls on it I think and is missing its partner) and would use that when handing Rex. I could never really put my finger on what it reminded me of until the other day, it was totally a Michael Jackson move (you know one glove) and as I was telling the Sheriff how Mr. Pie gloved up and took the lid off the cage to see if Rex was still alive and the whole time I am screaming like a girl cause if Rex was dead I did not want him touching a dead lizard and telling him how gross it was and ya I might of jump around the kitchen begging him to stop, I could not help but laugh cause all I could picture as I am talking to the Sheriff was Mr. Pie putting that glove on. We played the longest game in the world aka Monopoly on Saturday night and I got killed, the Sheriff and Mr. Pie took every last penny of mine. Playing games or doing small activities together is so Mr. Pie's love language, if you have not read the book "The Five Love Languages", I think that is what it is called, go.do.it.now., it applies to both adult relationships and relationships you have with your kids (I know he is not mine, but it helped me figure out a kid who I do not have that emotional bond with). So that is about it for now, I just wanted post an update, mainly for me, I look forward to many years from now looking back and reading about the everyday stuff we do, so for selfish reasons you are all reading about our ordinary lives.
Proof that our lives are very ordinary…
I send the Sheriff text messages like the one above, I find myself hilarious, not sure if he laughs out loud like I do or if he considers myself bothersome, but whatever, I like him therefore he gets messages like this when he least expects it or maybe everyday. ;)
Oh and some pretties to make this extra sweet.
XXX



No comments:
Post a Comment