Sunday, October 5, 2014

Winding down from the Weekend!

It is October 5, and there is no sign of Fall here, it was 95 degrees all weekend and more heat is expected this week, at this rate we are all going to be using cactus as Christmas trees this year, ugh.  In an effort to stay cool the Sheriff and Mr. Pie met me down at Baby Beach yesterday after my paddling practice and we finally took out the OC-2 and OC-1 all together and enjoyed a couple hours of "family" paddling.  Mr. Pie has a tendency to freeload when he is on the OC-2, so we put him on the OC-1 where there was no one but himself to paddle the canoe.  Mr. Pie did great the entire time, we ran into a lot of friends out on the water and they were all very impressed to see him out there by himself.  It was nice to paddle with the Sheriff on the OC-2, I wish our schedules would allow it where we could practice and race together during the winter series but that is the life of a single Dad, his kiddo and his girlfriend.  

Yesterday afternoon, I go this text message from Shannon…..

Our family has strong water safety values and does not support the arm floatie industry at all, apparently we have made quite an impression on little Caroline and at the age of 3 she recognizes the danger as well.  Good job!

Today the Sheriff had to work, so I stayed home and finally got to a few things that have been neglected for months around the house.  I had a HUGE pile of random stuff growing on my kitchen counter, my kitchen cupboards were a hot mess, the laundry has been out of control and the frig needed some serious attention.  I spent the morning purging, I seriously had 7 frying pans, who the heck needs 7 frying pans, especially this girl that hardly cooks?  I threw away all of my plastic ware, I hate that stuff, it is a crazy mess, so to the garbage it all went, bye bye.  I also tackled the frig, something in there was stinking things up, so it all went to the garbage.  5 bags of junk later I have a clean counter, organized cupboards and a empty frig, it is wonderful.  After 6 loads of laundry I have declared victory in that department as well and lets not forget I have clean floors.  This is what happens when you paddle ALL OF THE TIME, your house goes to pot.  

I sent this picture to the Sheriff, I told him he was lucky he was at work cause who knows what projects I would have tasked him with. 

While I was at it, I decided to do a little Halloween decorating, this is about as festive as it gets around here.  



Oh and I finally got my Skinnytaste cookbook (thank you M O M), hopefully I will find some healthy dinner recipes's for us that do not require more than one frying pan since I got rid of the six other ones, lol.  



Now it is time for some more Scandal, goodnight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment