Tuesday, September 30, 2014

36, it happened on Sunday!

My birthday weekend was pretty darn good!  I came to work on Friday morning to find a bag of Starbursts on my desk from one of my coworkers and left with a bottle of Skinny Girl Margarita Mix from another.  I worked through lunch so I was able to leave a little bit early so I decided to treat myself to my favorite place (Good Choice Sushi), I ordered me some yummy takeout and enjoyed many episodes of Scandal (I know I am so late to the party of this one) on my couch via Netflix.  Saturday, me and my DAM Race crew along with another crew paddled from Dana Point to Newport (17.22 miles), it was so much fun.  Half way through our paddle we took a little break and my people surprised me with birthday doughnuts and Happy Birthday in the middle of the ocean, it was perfect, thank you to everyone who was there!  Saturday night was more Scandal and maybe some ice cream, I am seriously addicted to both right now and I was in bed by 9pm.  I am getting fat and lazy.  Sunday the 28th was my actual birthday, seriously I do not know how I just turned 36, it is crazy to think about.  I started my morning with my FREE birthday Starbucks with my girl Gracie, we then went for a walk (yes, I totally violated Gracie’s house arrest, but I miss my walking partner) which was a bit too long for her, lesson learned and back to house arrest, had lunch with my parents, the Sheriff and Mr. Pie at Walt’s Wharf, had cake back at the parents’ house and headed home.  Once we got home the Sheriff took a much needed nap (midnight shift is a killer) and Mr. Pie and I went to get crickets for his new lizard pet “REX” and  an apple for a little project we have been wanting to do for a while.  Between all of the birthday texts, Facebook messages and birthday fun it was a wonderful weekend, thank you everyone!

 The Starburst mini's, yum, but I think I like the wrapped ones better.

Saturday afternoon I was a hot mess and I looked like this most of the day, talk about a mismatched outfit.

Walt's Wharf, I have not been there in years, so glad my parents suggested it.  Thanks Mom and Dad for a lovely birthday afternoon.


Me and my handsome date, poor guy wanted to put his head down and nap, he was dying on the vine.
 A birthday selfie, yep this is how I feel about turning 36.

This photo was totally staged, it took three attempts to get a somewhat decent photo of me blowing out my candles.

56 "likes" on Facebook, I think that is a new record for us!

The apple swan that Mr. Pie and I made, it was pretty easy thanks to youtube and Mr. Pie who coached me the whole way through.  It makes me so happy that he wants to do things with me, going into a dating situation where there is a child involved can be tricky and getting that child to like you can be tough, but I seriously hit the jackpot with Mr. Pie, we can talk about farts and burps (I had no ideas boys were like this), I can boss him around and tell him to brush his teeth and then do a crafty project all in the same moment.
 
Monday night (a school night, gasp) my paddling girlfriends took me to dinner at Ruby's, which BTW their menu has dramatically improved since the last time I was there and then we went to the Swallows Inn, for what we thought was Country Line Dancing, umm, I guess we should of read the fine print, it was more like bring your partner for some country two step, oops.  Anyways we storm the bar, crash some grouchy couples table, disrupt the flow of dancing traffic, pretend we are at a karaoke bar, sing loud and proud, and just create a scene because that's right the average age of the people there was like 60, I was the youngest one in the place and the old guys were seriously on the hunt for young chicks, because they were all over our table.  It was ridiculously fun and I am so glad we went.

Country Dancin' was clearly the better choice.

A little chicken dance, ice cream sundae and me boots.

Thank you everyone who came out to celebrate, that was one of the best birthday parties I have ever had.

The Sheriff bought me these for my birthday, I love them, they are so pretty.  I told him he did not need to get me a gift, we do so much together that that is gift enough, but just for the record, he could by these for me monthly and I would not turn them down.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Fun!!

    PS i too was embarassingly late to the game and just watched all three seasons of scandal back to back in my spare time this past month and finished just in time to see season4, episode 1 this week!! Don't worry, i won't spoil it for you though! Best.Show.Ever.

    ReplyDelete