Monday, September 8, 2014

Hawaii 2014 - #fmvacy

Well it has been a week since we got home and I am back to work (insert tears), so it is time for a mass amount of photos and recap of our amazing trip to the Big Island.  The Sheriff and I kept this trip a secret from Mr. Pie up until the moment we stepped inside the plane.  We made it through getting on the shuttle, checking in, security and waiting in the terminal without him figuring it out.  We told him we were going to a paddling race in Los Angeles and that we were going to stay in a hotel by the airport and while we were there we were going to go watch the planes land and take-off.  He bought our story up until we got onto the plane and then he figured out where we were going with the help of the flight attendant greeting everyone.  It was so much fun to surprise him, we recorded it, but due to privacy I will not be posting it. 

After much thought and weighing of the pros and cons we decided to stay at the Hilton Waikaloa (we actually scored a great deal through Costco) and boy howdy was that place amazing.  I have always wanted to stay at a hotel like this and my dream came true.


The view from our room.


Due to the time change we were up bright and early every morning, this was our first morning there, we walked around to check everything out and took some photos alone the way.

We were on a hill, that is why the Sheriff is leaning the way he is, no need to go swimming that early in the mooring.  The lagoon behind us is ocean fed, so there were tons of fish and a couple turtles, we were able to go swimming in it.

Under a waterfall, I love this picture.

We happened to wander by as they were feeding the dolphins.

One of our sea turtle friends.

Of course we had to stop by the local canoe club.

How pretty is this beach?  It was next door to our hotel.


We had the option of being upgraded to a convertible, we took it, way better than the Jetta we were going to get.  Secretly, I was bummed about not getting the Jetta, I always wanted one when I was a teenager and I think I still do to this day.

Mr. Pie and I with the wind in our hair.

I LOVE this picture, not sure why, but I do.

Cheers to an awesome vacation.

We had to walk by this mirror to get to our room so every afternoon we would take a photo, this is what vacation looks like on us.  I should of posted the one of the Sheriff with his beer in his hand, classy.

This is why I am never going to grow up, watersides are way to much fun.  Mr. Pie and I spent several hours doing this one day, I made the Sheriff take pictures.

This what we look like all cleaned up, ya much better than the after pool pics.


Mr. Pie would not take a selfie with me, boo. 

We had tickets to the Luau, it included free drinks with a drop of alcohol in them.


As soon as we got our food it started pouring down rain, they handed out towels, but we were drenched.


We left the luau, got our $$$ back for the tickets and then it stopped raining, so we went back, SHHH, don't tell anyone.  Mr. Pie loved every minute of it and they put on a great show.

Feeling guilty that we did not pay for the show, we bought the overpriced "family" photo.  I edited this one to make me look tanner, next to the Sheriff and Mr. Pie I look really white.  Funny story, everywhere we went people would ask him if he was from there as if he was he would get the "local" rate.  However, he could not pull it off cause if they started asking questions he did not have the right answers to make it look like he was a local. 

This is what FREEDOM looks like, Mr. Pie was at camp and we were kid free for hours.  I love having Mr. Pie around but I nearly killed him one day because he kept asking when we were going back to the hotel room (like hundreds of times) so he could play his iPad, he did not like my response that we were not going back for hours and I did not like him asking over and over and over again. 

A total scam, the kids collect these bracelets at every overpriced restaurant and get a "free" ice cream once they collect six.  

After five nights in Waikaloa, we moved to Kona for the race.  Here we are playing tourist and checking things out.  Not sure what is up with Kona, but the minute I get there I start to swell up, I seriously gained 10lbs of water weight while we were there.


Just a selfie.

We went to the Kona Brewery and…..

the Sheriff finally found a blonde that does not boss him around. ;)

Saturday was race day, I ended up paddling with a mish mash crew.  Four of the girls were from Hawaii (maui, oahu and the big island), one from Marina Del Rey and Me.  We had a great race.



The Sheriff and Mr. Pie met me at the finish line and after all of the canoes left, we went snorkeling.  Mr. Pie was kind of scared and held my hand at the beginning and then he was off and we could not stop him, he loved every minute of it.


After snorkeling we went to check out the sea turtles.


Ate ice cream.


Our last day there was rough, I was tired and grouchy, Mr. Pie was being a pain in the …, I was hungry, we were short of time, I needed to eat, we had to check out of our room and none of us could figure out what to do next.  So after breakfast we rented a stand-up board, played for while, went to da poke shack, had lunch, went to a paddling shop, wandered around and went to the airport, had gross dinner at the airport and had a rough ride home on the plane.  We got in at 6am took a shuttle home, picked up Milo at the kennel and crashed on the couch and just like that our vacation was over and we are broke.  We had a great time together, we did a ton of fun things and we cannot wait to go back next year.

LUNCH, it was really good.

ALOHA


No comments:

Post a Comment