Just when I thought life might slow down a bit, life laughed in my face and continued with its craziness. Paddling season is officially over except for that pesky Dam Race that I signed up for, so that means I will be back on the water paddling on Saturday, ugh. Gracie must of felt left out of all the fun and decided that a $330 vet bill would bring her right back into the center of my attention, yep it did along with 6-8 weeks of house arrest for her (more on that later). I went to the girly doctor yesterday in-between vet appointments and the first words out of her mouth were are you planning on having babies and if so, when? I asked the Sheriff the same question today during our lunch date and he turned bright red and could not get any words to come out of his mouth, thankfully he was done eating so we did not have a choking incident. I am starting to get worried that little babies may never come my way based on his mute response, I mean really, they would be sooooooo cute and Mr. Pie would be the best big brother. I went to Hobby Lobby and Michaels over the weekend, I do this the first Saturday after paddling season is over every year cause all of the sudden I have free time and do not know what to do. I want to make Mr. Pie a small photo album from our Hawaii trip but I cannot decide if I want to go the snapfish route or the traditional route, I am looking for something simple/easy/affordable but I do not think that exists. I was kind of looking at this product line…..
but I am not sure if I am going to go that route. Anyone have any good ideas?
I applied for a new job with another city (keeping the city under wraps for now), I debated on putting this out into the universe, but I think the more people who know and who are rooting for me the better, so please if you have any connections with the job gods, send them my way, please and thank you. This job would be a total game changer for me and my future. Never fear, my coworkers know I applied so it is not as hush hush as the Newport Beach gig that I was sooooo close to getting.
It has been at least 95-100 degrees outside every day for the last week, I am so over it. We had a flex alert yesterday and today, so that meant no air conditioning at work, it was bad. We had a crazy random storm blow through as well, that made it hot and humid with no a/c, yep, I wanted to shoot myself.
And last but not least pretty much everyone I know had a birthday in the last two months, I was feeling kinda left left out and then I realized hey, it is September, my birthday month, yay for getting old, said no one ever. I suggested to the Sheriff that we go to the Santa Monica Pier (i have been wanting to go forever) and he suggested a hockey game, so I suggested baby beach with a picnic lunch and paddle toys, he looked up hockey tickets, we went back and forth with ideas and to be honest, I really do not want a hot dog for my birthday dinner and I kinda want to go out for ice cream sundae's cause I really do not see him baking me a cake like my M O M does. Any good birthday ideas for three, cause Mr. Pie will be coming along too and it is a school night, doh.

No comments:
Post a Comment