Friday, October 14, 2016

Jingle All the Way!!

 It is crazy to think that the holidays are right around the corner, I am getting very excited and my Visa card has been getting a lot of exercise this week.  Last year I promised Mr. Pie that once we were in our new house we would start decorating for the holidays so holding true to my promise I started shopping for Christmas décor.  I went online on Wednesday to my favorite sites (Pottery Barn & Crate & Barrel) and they did not disappoint. I bought everyone new stockings (actually no one has old stockings, not sure why the boy does not have one) for our mantle, a new screen for our fireplace, a tree skirt and a very Joanna Gains Christmas tree stand cover.  I am not going to go to wild and crazy with decorations since we will for sure be getting a tree this year (last year we used a dog crate as the tree, so horribly sad) and that will help decorate house a lot, plus I have to save my $$$ to hire someone to hang our exterior Christmas lights because that is the Sheriff’s least favorite thing EVER so I am not going to bug him to do it and we do not have a tall ladder to hit the highest point of our roof, so I am leaving it to the professionals.  

I bought these four stockings from left to right, top to bottom, the Sheriff (Santa), Erin (stars), Mr. Pie (snowman) and the Sheriff's mom Rory (stripes).  The Sheriff's mom will be moving in with us shortly so I wanted to make sure she has a spot on the mantle too!


I have been on the hunt for this stocking and I cannot seem to find it online so I need to make a few phone calls and see if I can find it.  Not to jinx anything but I am buying it for our future bambino or bambina.  I had a Rudolph stocking growing up and I this one is just perfect in my mind.  


Christmas tree stand cover, the tree skirt and the fireplace screen, thank goodness for email discounts and free shipping that made a lot of this possible.


In anticipation of some amazing black Friday sales I am holding off on buying this advent calendar until then.  I have gone back and forth on buying it, I can’t decide if Mr. Pie is too old for it or not (there will always be a sibling, so perhaps this is a "yes" purchase) and I am seriously contemplating buying an elf on the shelf for our house.  I think Mr. Pie would like the advent calendar and I am thinking I could stuff it with some fun stuff but we shall see.  I really want to make our first Christmas in our new house great and considering the Sheriff and I are not big gift givers making the house pretty is important to me.  

This year the Sheriff and I are hosting Thanksgiving at our new house since our usual hostess with the mostess (my sister) will be out of town with her family so now I am on the hunt for some turkey décor as well.  I want to keep it simple but festive all at the same time so we shall see.  



All pictures were borrowed from Crate & Barrel & Pottery Barn




No comments:

Post a Comment