Thursday, October 13, 2016

Now that September is Over!

Now September is over, I am keeping busy with life, the month of September brought a lot of stress for the Sheriff and I, first his Dad landed himself in the hospital and will remain there for a long long long time, then we got the devastating news about our baby, I had my D&C, I wound up back in the hospital two days later in extreme pain (thankfully it was nothing serious) and then Ken backed his truck into our neighbor’s plumbers truck causing close to $3000 worth of damage to the truck he hit.  It was the minor accident that pretty much sent me over the edge, it was the straw that broke the camel’s back and I could not handle it, mainly because of all the $$$ I thought we were going to shell out and really I could not take any more bad news.  Of everything medically I have been through in the 12 weeks I have not paid a dime and I was pissed at the thought of paying a stupid car insurance claim.  Thankfully our car insurance covered everything and at the moment we do not owe anything, that is until they raise our insurance rates.  Yes, we are all going to need therapy soon!  I decided we need to have a little fun in our life after everything we have been through so after an encouraging FB post from my cousin Katie about hosting people at your house I invited a coworker friend (Julie) of the Sheriff’s and her family (Dave, Brookie and Emmy) over for dinner on Friday night, it was nothing fancy we just bbq'd, ate dinner in the backyard, gobbled down yummy lemon bars that Julie made and enjoyed each other’s company.

Little Miss Emmy was fussy throughout dinner and wanted the Sheriff to hold her and after just a few minutes she was sound asleep.  The Sheriff loves him some babies!

The Sheriff and I have been working on organizing and cleaning out our garage the past few weeks, it seems like one step forward two steps back but we are making progress.  We are trying to use what we have versus buying new because we can’t find it in the garage hence the organizing part of the process, plus if we went to the trouble of moving it from the old house to the new house we are going to use it gosh darn it!  The Sheriff hung up two shelves for me and no they are not Pintrest worthy but I am so happy, I finally have a place to store all of our laundry supplies and can now see the controls on the dryer, hey, it’s the simple things in life sometimes. 

Now that I have my energy back (my thyroid took a huge hit being pregnant) all I can think about are projects around that house that I want to complete.  Right now I want to buy all new interior doors and doors knobs (I got some birthday $$$ for this), new front doors, paint our downstairs bedroom (more on that to come in the next few weeks), replace our staircase, sell all of our existing doors, buy a new couch and do a million other things that are on my list, anyone wanna come help?

No comments:

Post a Comment