Tuesday, November 1, 2016

So Nice to be HOME!!!

A quick update, first off we need to set the story straight, the Sheriff and I are not engaged it was a mistake and it has created quite the stir amongst all of the “Erin & Ken need to wed” supporters, however if you ask me a nice sparkly ring is well deserved but at this point if a near death experience does not stir the Sheriff to get down on one knee nothing will so we can all stop holding our breath! 

The Sheriff has been out of the hospital for a week now, we spent last week running errands, getting prescriptions filled, scheduling appointments and trying to figure out what workers comp needs all the while already receiving letters saying that there are already delays in his claim and that they need to investigate it further, not sure what needs investigating considering they found him face down at work but hey, has there ever not been a delay with workers comp, my guess is NO!  I took the Sheriff down to Newport Beach to see all of his coworker friends, cried a little bit with them and got a picture of him with Sally & Tina, I treated myself to some retail therapy at crate and barrel and a nap, enjoyed a visit from the Sheriff’s Mom and aunt, napped some more and tried to keep things as normal as possible for Mr. Pie.  


A couple more visitors from work pre-release of the Sheriff.

 Friday night we took Mr. Pie to his school carnival and there may have been a celebrity sighting (Jack), so I took a quick pic before his parents could freak out on me!


My good friend Tina sent us two free tickets to the Haunted Trails in Laguna Niguel after a slight ticket/wristband confusion episode I may of snuck in without a ticket and had they caught me I would of told them they owed me a ticket for our pain and suffering aka waiting in a long line we did not need to wait in.  The event was fun, this was the third time we have gone and every year they do a great job.  Thank you Tina for the tickets!


Trying to blend in with the monsters!

Mr. Pie decorated the front yard for Halloween, he did a pretty good job with the limited decor that we have!



We have the greatest friends anyone could hope for!  Dinner, dessert, dog food and WINE keeps showing up on our doorstep and we are so thankful, while the Sheriff was in the hospital there was no time to go to the market or Costco (for the dog food) and it was so easy to pop dinner in the oven every night when I got home. 

I have a list a mile long of thank you notes I need to write but finding a moment to write them without tearing up has not come yet.

Just in case anyone wants to revisit the first paragraph in this post, this is the ring I would like!


And I will leave you with today's Facebook post... We barely survived September, October nearly killed one of us, let's hope November is dull and boring and gives us nothing to remember or need therapy for!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment