Monday, December 19, 2016

November Life!

I believe that is has been close to 30 days since anyone in my immediate household has been to the hospital, knock on wood.  The Sheriff goes in on today for a small procedure, it is outpatient and until the FDA approves it to be done in an office he must go to the hospital.  Anywho since we have been 30 days hospital free and I seem to only blog monthly I must revisit November before December is almost over, plus we have some fun things coming up and they deserve their own post. 

I had to look through my phone to even remember what has occurred in the month of November, brace yourselves it is going to be a looooooonnnnnngggggg post, but you will get through it, I promise!   We started out with a small birthday party for Grammy & Grampy, their birthdays are so close together that with everyone’s busy schedule it just makes sense to round up everybody once. 





I jetted off to Las Vegas (my very first time) for the wedding of my good friend Tina.  I bought my plane ticket and committed to the trip right before the Sheriff had his stroke, I really struggled with the thought of if I should go or not, I went and I had fun, but I worried a bit while I was away.  Mr. Pie and I had gone over the signs and symptoms of a stroke several times, practiced our new address and went over what to say and do if he needed to call 911 (not your typical, I will be gone for two and a half days conversation, but……so is the life of living with a person who has had two strokes) and I was confident that he could get help for his Dad if needed too!




A subtle hint to the Sheriff!

The newlyweds Will & Tina

I have wanted new bedroom furniture FOREVER, I found a bed frame online that I really liked, so I bought it (there has been some emotional spending going on lately, some call irresponsible, I call it PTSD).  Our new bed frame came a couple weeks ago and before we had a chance to put it together EBO tried to take a bite out of it, thankfully we caught him before he did any damage.



I also purchased this cute little Home Sweet Home sign for our little casa!


 
The Sheriff’s mom will be moving into our house soon (pray for me), so I fixed her room up a bit.  I painted the walls a light gray and bought some new curtains and it totally transformed her room, we moved our old bed downstairs and bought ourselves a new California King (please read above about the emotional spending/PTSD).

I still need to buy some pillows for the bed.

November continued to chug along, all was well with everyone until 11/21/16 when I had a crazy unexplained bleeding spell, I think it was related to my D&C but no one really knows why.  I will spare you the picture I took of my pants to show my family I was not over exaggerating when I went to the ER.  I was kind of freaked out and my doctor was out of town, so I was left with no other options!  For kicks just imagine yourself wearing skinny jeans and peeing your pants with the fullest bladder ever and that the pee was really blood and you look like a scene out of a horror movie.  Fun times!  At this point 13/14 weeks after my D&C I was still having positive pregnancy tests, so that has been a head scratcher as well.  Part of me is wondering if the bleeding episode was another miscarriage of a pregnancy that did not get very far along.  We will probably never know, but I wonder sometimes.

How we do ER visits these days!

Thanksgiving rolled around and we were excited to host our first Thanksgiving in our new house.  The Sheriff wanted to deep fry a turkey this year so we did.  Everything went off without a hitch until it was time to fire up the deep fryer, that is when it was discovered that we were out of propane, doh!  Thankfully we found an open gas station with propane, so all was well!





He was so proud!






So sad that she did not get to sit at the table.

Apple Pie!

The day after Thanksgiving Mr. Pie and I started our outdoor Christmas decorating!  I bought the fun white spiral Christmas trees for our planters and Mr. Pie assembled them all by himself.  I hired a guy to hang our Christmas lights on our house this year so that the Sheriff did not need to worry about that task. 


I love pulling into the driveway every night after work.

I also started decorating inside, nothing wild or crazy, just some pretty decorations.




And I did a little black Friday shopping at Crate and Barrel, I bought a couple Christmas pillows for our couch.  Christmas is a few days away and I cannot wait to enjoy our first Christmas in our new home! 


No comments:

Post a Comment