The nesting phenomenon is REAL folks! A few weeks ago I "needed" to get Baby Boy's room ready for him ASAP (because July is "right" around the corner, dontcha know), so I paid my dear friend Pinterest a visit for a few ideas. I had originally looked at Pottery Barn Baby and The Land of Nod but did not find anything that really caught my eye (probably because we are in between seasons of the catalogs & merchandise), after a quick google search I found Carousel Designs and found the little guy's bedding and a quick trip back to Pinterest I found wall art from Hobby Lobby.
I currently spend way too much time on Instagram looking at cute little baby boutique feeds (originally for all the cute little girl things, because I was the one believer that I was having a girl, but now for all things boy!) and somehow ran across Bending Birch Designs, they make wood wall art and I found the "camp Beckham" sign that I thought would go perfect in Baby's room (we just need to give him a name and it can be ordered). Target had the cloud mobile and then there is Cuddle and Kind who makes these ridiculously cute & expensive stuffed animals. I created a poll on my in my instastories so everyone could vote, the puppy was the clear winner but in my opinion the bear goes better with the room, however I am seriously considering buying both, apparently I have won the lottery or have a second job that pays for all of this, who knew, I sure didn't!
The wall color was the next project on the list, I had to wait patiently for the bedding samples to come in the mail so I could pick the paint out! After much deliberation and many lighting changes in the baby's room, it was decided that Dunn Edwards "silver spoon" was the winner. I had zero desires to get paint samples (because July is coming and I 'NEED" to get this room painted, lol), so I just went with it hoping that I made a good choice.
The Baby's room was a light yellow when we bought our house, I actually really liked the color but I just felt I needed to make it our own with a different color. The white trim was full of scuff and crayon marks from the little girls that used to live there so everything got a fresh coat or two of paint, especially the closet doors that had never been painted.
Note to self, paint the top before painting the bottom, paint splatters! I was so anxious to paint that I painted all of the white first a few weeks ago just to get it out of the way. Thankfully we were fully stocked in plastic and I was able to cover it all up and avoid any splatter.
Painting Tip: Never skimp on blue tape or plastic, the more the better, I promise you!
I am so happy with the way the painting came out, the room is hard to take pictures of and the lighting and different times of day change the color, it is much lighter in person.
After all the painting was done and a quick trip to Home Depot for some nuts and bolts (my brother misplaced them when they moved) the Sheriff was able to get the crib put together. The mattress looks really thin, it came shrink wrapped and needs 48 hours to completely expand. The corners of the room have shelves that go in them, I need to sand and paint them and then they will be ready! The dresser is from Ikea and will serve as our changing table and the night light is from Target, I found it yesterday and thought it was super cute so into the cart it went.
That is it so far, after painting all day Friday, washing infant carseat covers and all the little things here and there, I was exhausted and literally spent the rest of the weekend on the couch. Hopefully the wall decor will go up in the next week or so, I still need to make a decision about a small book case and possibly a teepee. I can't wait to show you all the rest of the room!







No comments:
Post a Comment