Happy Birthday!
Today is my birthday and I had a great day celebrating both Sunday and today with my family! Sunday after our mini family reunion my sister Kathy and her family Mike my brother in law, Cole my nephew, Mari my niece and Mike's parents from North Carolina Joe and Anne and my brother Ryan, sister in law Shannon and niece Caroline (in utero) came over to have a family birthday party. It was great, we barbecued carne asada and enjoyed the fabulous weather with dinner outside on the patio!
| I would of thought by the time I turned 32, I would no longer be sitting at the kid's table! |
| Part of the Family! |
Please don't call Child Protective Services, I took his keys away before drank this! J/K, it was my drink. |
| Cole and I sneaking a taste of the cake! |
Today, I was lucky enough to get the day off from work and spend it with my Mom! My Mom and I have an annual birthday tradition of lunch at the Cheesecake Factory and shopping! We started the day off by dropping my car off for an oil change, 30,000 mile service and for all of you who remember about the pesky orange light and my refusal to put air in the tires on my car, I had the tire fixed!! Turns out I ran over a nail and that was what was causing the weekly need to fill the tire. I know, an exciting way to spend your birthday! Once the car had been dropped off we hit the road and drove to the Container Store, I LOVE that place! I am in the process of giving my closet a mini makeover to accommodate all of my scrap booking stuff and now my new sewing machine. My Mom and I spent a couple hours looking at all of their neat gadgets and figuring out the best solution for a small space. After the Container Store, we ventured on to the Cheesecake Factory (YUM!) and enjoyed a delish lunch and a mimosa (I could of had two or three more!) After lunch we headed to Balboa Island to look for a dress for Mari (we are having family photo's taken by Jodi, from The Bee Hive in November). We did not have any luck finding a dress but had a nice time looking at all of the cute little girl clothes! And, to end a great day I had my favorite steak dinner, I swear all we did was eat all weekend, I guess that is not a bad way to spend your birthday when you love to eat like I do!
| A little sip of heaven! |
A little bite of heaven!
Not the best picture, but it tasted sooo good! Thanks Mom!
Besides all of the birthday wishes, family time together, good food, many cocktails, shopping and presents, I am happy to report that after leaving Gracie in my parents backyard all day unsupervised, she did not dig up the backyard, attack the poolman or rip the screen door! Thank goodness! I think she is growing up (please, everyone knock on wood!).
I am glad you had a nice 32nd birthday! Ahhhhhhhh I cant believe you got Jodi to do pics... That is SO stinkin awesome...SHe is SOOO wonderfully talented! I cant wait to see how they turn out!
ReplyDeleteHAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! (Just a little late) ;) Sounds like the perfect way to celebrate - wonderful food and even better company!!! Can't wait to see those fam pics too!!! I'm considering booking a session also! Maybe I'll see you! :)
ReplyDelete