What do a Fire Captain, Disaster Preparedness Instructor, Sheriff's Explorer Group and a Rabbi all have in common? Hmmm? Well, they were all at the Community Center last night around 7pm. Why is this important you are asking yourselves? I will tell you why! Yesterday I arrived to work at 10:00am instead of my normal time of 10:30am (ya, ya , ya, not a big deal it is only 30 mins.) so I could go to a CPRS brochure exchange in Lake Forest with a bunch of other cities and their Parks and Rec/ Community Services Staff. It was really cool to meet people from other cities, brainstorm on free ways to get the word out about our programs and services and talk about how our Summer's went.
Anyway, back to the Fire Captain, Disaster Preparedness Instructor, Sheriff's Explorer Group and the Rabbi. Since I came to work early I was going to leave a little early, plus I was not feeling well (strep throat had started to take up resident in my body earlier on in the day), which meant that I would be leaving our loan Rec. Staff (Brandon H.) alone for two hours to man the building by himself, this is where the Fire Captain, Disaster Preparedness Instructor, Sheriff's Explorer's Group and the Rabbi come into play. I had full confidence in Brandon, he is awesome and one of the nicest guys I have ever met! Every night when I leave, I tell the Rec. Staff to call me if they need anything and I will come back to help, but like I said last night I was not feeling well so I told Brandon..... "if someone is injured or has died, get the Fire Captain who is in the 1/6 ballroom teaching CPR class to help you, if there is a natural disaster get the Disaster Preparedness Instructor who is in the 2/3 ballroom and his class to help you rescue people, if someone is trying to rob you get the Sheriff Explorers in the large conference room and if you need spiritual guidance while I am gone go see the Rabbi in the quiet lounge, otherwise have a good night"! I am happy to report that Brandon did not call me last night so I am assuming that everything went just fine, no one died, the building is still standing, all robbers stayed away and that Brandon did not need spiritual assistance during the two hours I left him alone!!
No comments:
Post a Comment