After a few weeks of careful consideration and thought it has been decided that I need to break up with one of my bff's. It has been a very unhealthy, bank account reducing and addicting relationship for a long time and an intervention was almost needed to end it all. So yesterday, Monday, April 4th, I gathered up the strength and said goodbye to my beloved non fat easy whip white mocha. I am not gonna lie, it was tough as I passed two Starbucks on my morning walk with Gracie, saw the oh so cool Starbucks app on my phone that allows me to pay for my addiction with a simple click of a button and the urge to cross the street as I felt the pull of the mothership calling me home. Instead I went home took two Tylenol to ward off the the oh so unpleasant headache that would be occurring very shortly and went to work. I am happy to report that day 2 is going very well, however I still feel the pull to cross over to the dark side and enjoy my FAVORITE morning beverage, hoping day 3 will be easier! Wish me luck and if you see my favorite barista's tell them "hi!" for me!
Gracie is going to miss it too!

you can do it erin!! save loads of money while you are at it as well.
ReplyDeleteYou should have given it up for "Lent" and tested it out for 40 days first!!! Hehe
ReplyDeleteRyan was addicted to starbucks mochas when he worked there and then switched to just plain black coffee and after a few days/weeks he wasnt hooked anymore. NOW, he hardly drinks coffee but when he does, its black which is CHEAPER and HEALTHIER.
Good for you!
haha! YOu're sooo funny! You can do it!!! And then that once in awhile splurge (when you are completely detoxed, lol) will taste SOOOO special and yummy in your mouth! rare treats are the best anyway! Hang in there! :)
ReplyDelete