Sunday, June 5, 2011

Are you ready for some Derby?

On Saturday a friend and I went to go see the OC Roller Girls at the Anaheim Convention Center.  Funny story, while I was visiting my friend Kate up in Salinas we were chatting away and she was telling me that she and her husband had gone to the see the Monterey Bay Derby Dames a few weeks before and how her Mom was freaked out that Kate would join the team.  So last night I sent Kate a text message telling her I was watching the OC Roller Girls and she sent me a text back saying she and Jason were out watching the Monterey Bay Derby Dames!  I thought it was funny, what are the odds that we talked about this crazy sport and ended up going to a match on the same night, but 250 miles apart?  Oh, and I totally understand why her Mom was so freaked out and I don't blame Kate for wanting to join, if I did not have a hip that is held together by a screw, has suffered years of abuse and I have dropped some $$$ into having it fixed again a couple years ago I think I would be lacing up my skates as we speak!  NO MOM, I promise I will not join the team!

The OC Roller Girls in action!


1 comment:

  1. You should rent Whip It on NetFlix! Oh and I saw an episode of CSI (I think) that had to do with a derby girl getting murdered...those girls are TOUGH!

    ReplyDelete