What a great Saturday with the Fam, so much fun that this day of fun is going to require at least three posts! My Mom has been wanting to go strawberry picking for awhile now, however, the Ferguson Clan has quite the social schedule and usually has something going on on the weekends. Well, we lucked out and they were free for some strawberry picking fun, so we grabbed our cameras and headed to Tanaka Farms in Irvine.
The trip started with a tractor ride through the farm, they would stop periodically and talk about the different fruits and veggies that they were growing and then everyone would get to sample that particular fruit or veggie that was being talked about! It was awesome, we ate yellow beans, green beans, onions, corn, carrots and of course STRAWBERRIES! After a few stops our last stop was the strawberry fields, everyone was given a container to fill with as many strawberries that could fit and then you were free to eat as many from the field as you wanted, the best part was that everything was organic so there was no need to worry about any pesticides. After we were done strawberry picking we had lunch at their tiny little food stand and headed home for some swim time, it was really warm out in the sun and we all needed to cool off in the pool (tomorrow's post)!
All I have to say about this place is "why have we never been here before?", it was so much fun and I highly recommend this sort of inexpensive (thanks Mom for paying) adventure.
Me and my favorite nephew!
Mari!
Stay tuned to the rest of today's fun!
I SOOO want to go there! Another friend of mine just blogged about Tanaka Farms around this same day...wonder if you were there on the same day?
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun day and a fun fam you have!!!! I wish I were an auntie! They are soooo cute!!!!
ReplyDelete