Thursday, May 7, 2015

Birthday Girl!

My sweet bundle of trouble is turning seven this week, I can hardly believe that I have survive seven years with her (these have been the seven hardest years of my LIFE) and every year I celebrate that I have managed to keep her alive another year.  Gracie is really a good dog but boy howdy does she have a naughty streak that runs deep inside her.  I am very thankful that she is a naughty dog vs. a mean dog but man I think she is trying to kill me or break me mentally on a regular basis.  Gracie has no fear of danger, she would play on the freeway if I let her but if there is anything that might help her (like medication for her currently infected ears) she will act like I am trying to attack her and try and bite me as I medicate her.  The Sheriff has been taking care of her a lot lately and of course she is pretty much a perfect angel for him, then again it could be the ecollar that is helping with the good behavior.  It makes me beyond crazy that she is so good for him, but I have come to the conclusion that she needed a strong male leader and she now has what she has needed, only seven years too late for my sanity.  If I wanted to be really nit-picky I would also tell you that if Mr. Pie is around she will not come into the house unless he comes with, yep a 10 year old trumps me as well.  All in all she is a fun dog, some days I wish she would stop acting like a puppy ALL.OF.THE.TIME but then again I would miss it and how on earth would I be able to tell if something was wrong with her if I did not have the wild puppy behavior going on on a daily basis.   Now to celebrate all of the stress, chewed shoes, games of chase me, I have something I should not and near heart attacks that dog has given me, I am going to drink a bottle of wine all by myself.  

See why she makes me crazy?  She has crazy eyes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment