Sunday, July 26, 2015

Where do I Begin?

Blog silent, life busy!  I really have no idea where to begin with everything that has been going on, so in no particular order here is what is up….

I have not shared on the blog that the Sheriff and I are in the market to purchase a house together!  We went and look at model homes in the Rancho Mission Viejo area, it is an unincorporated area of Orange County and that sits between Ladera Ranch and San Juan Capistrano a couple months ago and fell in love with the idea of buying a brand new home.  But with all of the excitement of buying a new home comes the reality that we need to sell both of our homes to make this happen.  After a lot of discussion we decided to proceed and scheduled to have the Sheriff's house painted inside and out, have the yard cleaned up, sod put in (yes, I know we are in a drought, but artificial turf is expensive) and meet with our realtor.  After meeting with our realtor and being completely stressed out (work and home life was killing me slowly) and worrying about money, the Sheriff and I pulled the plug on buying a new home at this time and are waiting till next year.  I was bummed but felt so relieved at the same time!  Since we decided not to sell/buy till next summer I felt like I was in the position to take on another activity (yes, getting ready to sell a house is an activity, not a fun one but an activity in itself) and I decided that I wanted to go back to paddling.  I actually never missed paddling up until last week, so like a dog with its tail between its legs, I emailed our coach and asked if I could come back, she said yes and just like that I was back on the team!  Side note:  The Sheriff and I crunched some new numbers based on buying a smaller house and we are back on to buying a house ASAP, my Mom and I are going to a meeting with the builders on August 4th and the Sheriff and I will make our final decision how to proceed, I'm kinda excited.

This is the home I want, we shall see!

Work tried to kill me the last few months, between home stuff, a crazy instructor who was a total biatch and trying to make my life miserable, summer camps starting, the summer concerts and who knows what else I was under a lot of stress almost to the point were I felt a mental breakdown was in my immediate future.  I cried almost daily over stupid stuff and important stuff, one day I cried pretty much my entire lunch break, so much so, it took me almost an hour to compose myself in order to get back to work and once I made it back to work I was useless for the rest of the day.  It was bad, but I had a two week vacation and I feel so much better. 

So I mentioned that I started paddling again, well it has been a week (three practices) and I am tired and sore but not nearly as tired and sore as I thought I would be.  It is great to be back, I realized how much I needed the exercise and that will probably help keep the stress levels down and hopefully make it so my clothes fit better, because I have plumped up quite a bit.  #chubbygirlproblems

I have two weekends of Open Houses for the condo, I think they have gone ok, last weekend it rained the entire time, so I am not sure how much that kept people away, I am starting to feel the pressure of needing to sell my place, so if any of my blog readers are looking to invest let me know, lol.

Date Night!  The Sheriff and I hardly ever get out of the house without Mr. Pie, but last night we had tickets to see Kenny Chesney in concert at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena!  My sister was gracious enough to watch Mr. Pie yesterday afternoon and all day today while all of the kids swam at G&G's house.  I bought the concert tickets months ago and really had no idea where our seats were or what the line-up for the night was.  The Sheriff had asked me several times where our seats were and I kept telling him I would look it up but I never had time too, so it was a wait and see when we got there yesterday.  We got in through the gates, asked a staff member where we should go and they told us we had floor seats and to go to gate 7, so we went.  When we went to our seats we found out we needed a wristband, seriously our seats were getting better and better.  Once we got our wristbands we found our seats and they were directly in front of the stage, it was awesome!  Thanks to the power of Facebook I ran into an old friend from high school, Stephanie and her husband Zach (you might remember me blogging about their adorable baby boy Paul here), it was nice to see her again.  The concert was long, almost six hours but we basically got five concerts for the price of one.  Old Dominican (I think that is their name, never heard of them), Cole Swindell, Brantley Gilbert, Jason Aldean and Kenny Chesney all played, it was seriously amazing and so much fun, the only downside is that parking was $40 freaking dollars and we did not plan ahead to tailgate, so it was a $6 hot dog for me and $12 nachos for the Sheriff along with a few drinks, we were broke, but what ever it was FUN.  We did not get home till 1:30 am, I fell asleep in the car and woke up to the Sheriff saying "I think we will make it to In N Out before they close" which we did, but I was too tired to eat so I slept while he got food cause we went to the only In N Out without a drive-thru. 

It was HOT out, sweat city, no shade anywhere, thank goodness for a slight breeze!



There is so much more to blog about but I will leave you with this for now!  Life is good and now that I have a clear mind I can share it with everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment