Tuesday, August 4, 2015

A Little Summer Fun!

My last post was kinda the emotional update, so I decided this one needed to be the fun update and reflect what we have been doing!  The Sheriff and I took two weeks off minus two working Sunday's for me, we wanted to take a vacation and kinda mapped out a road trip but at the last minute we decided not too because we needed to do some work around his house and we are poor.

We started our vacation with a concert in the park, I actually had to work, so it was not much of a vacation but it was nice and I got to hang with my favorite peeps.

The best shot I could get of our rocker, I begged her to stand still, it did not happen!

She convinced the Sheriff to give her a ride, but who can resist her?



I met up with my friend Darcy a couple times along with her sweet baby girl Layla for lunch and shopping, it was so nice to spend time with them.  I have known Darcy since we were little kids, we spent summers playing together along with her older sister Kelly until they moved up north, but we have kept in touch through the years with visits here and there.  Darcy moved down here and is now about 20 minutes from my house, I am hoping to see her more often!

The Sheriff, Mr. Pie and I had dinner with my parents, Ryan, Shannon and the girlies one night, it was so nice to spend the evening with them.  Our friends Danny &  Allison came over to meet the babies and we got all caught up with them, it was nice to see them and I know Allison was in baby heaven.  My mom baked a cake for dessert and during dinner we remembered it was our cousin Melissa's birthday, so we put candles on it and tried to FaceTime her but she did not answer so we took a video and sent it her of us singing happy birthday to her.




We took Mr. Pie to the Safari Club International Youth Outdoor Day at Raahauge's Shooting Enterprises, it was a large piece of land that had all types of shooting activities for kids (if you don't think this is ok, please keep your comments to yourself, please and thank you).  It was a pretty well organized event along with two or three In N Out trucks, which I thought was pretty awesome.  We arrived kinda late and we were chased away by the rain but overall we had a great time!


Skeet shooting

The Sheriff hit the target and everyone was impressed, little do they know his line of work and his love of guns, this was a no brainer for him.

The little girl in the orange hat was a crack up, she was there helping the kids and she just ran the entire operation, she is gonna be a go getter when she grows up. 

The Sheriff took Mr. Pie and a couple of his buddies fishing a couple times down in Dana Point.  Mr. Pie thought he was going to catch really big fish and was really disappointed when he only got little guys, it was kinda funny, he almost cried.

And I tried to talk the Sheriff into going ring shopping, he was not having it, I guess buying a house together is good enough for now, but a girl would like to have a pretty ring on her hand when she signs on the dotted line, lol!




No comments:

Post a Comment