In pursuit of buying a bigger house we need to sell the Sheriff's house because being the civil servants we are (the Sheriff fighting crime and me providing the recreational needs of the community), we are not rich (sigh), so in order to put his house on the market we needed to de-dog the house (holy dog hair, even though we sweep and vacuum every.single.day sometimes two or three times a day) and keep up with a messy 10 year old boy who will remain nameless. We did hired someone to help with the yard because I know nothing about laying sod (sorry drought) and making a yard look nice (except the Sheriff and I dealt with 26 bags of mulch, never again, and Gracie apparently ingested a large quantity of mulch and proceeded to hide in the back bedroom and throw it up when we were not looking, yes we have had some fun times), we had the house painted inside and out because I hate painting and who wants to paint a house, umm, not meeeeee! We I scrubbed toilets and cleaned everything like the Queen of England or the Pope would be paying us a visit soon, it was lots of fun but when it was all said and done the house looked fantastic and we were very proud of all of our my hard work! Our realtor friend Danny came by on Friday to take pictures, get all of the info on the house and leave a temporary FOR SALE sign, the Sheriff and I stood on the driveway as he staked that puppy into the ground and as he drove off the Sheriff and I looked at the sign and cried. It was a whole ball of emotions, one this was really happening, two it was very exciting, three it was really sad, we have put so much time, energy and $$$ into this house in the last few months that it will be hard to say goodbye and four, wow our lives are going to dramatically change but all for good reasons really soon! So you want to see our handy work??? Here you go, just a few pictures I have snapped in the last few days….
We will start off with the closet doors, if you follow me on Facebook, you will remember me painting these bad boys at 9:30pm at night because Super Dad was coming to hang these the next morning and I had forgotten he was coming until he called me. AHHHH!
A huge thanks to my Dad for teaching me how to use a caulking gun years ago, because what is not pictured is closet door casing that needed to be caulked, painted and was a DIY project for me to complete.
Next up is this light fixture, it is nothing fancy and it looks awkward from this angle but it has been a major source of stress from the moment I got a phone call at work from the Sheriff asking where I bought it because they (my dad and him) broke two out of the three glass pieces when attempting to hang it and they wanted to buy replacement parts that do not exist at Lowes. But don't you worry, Erin saved the day and special ordered the glass pieces and they will be here in 7-10 days, so I had to buy a new light fixture to get the pieces and will return it when the replacement parts come in. AHHH!
The Kitchen!
Please ignore the lovely fan in the kitchen, the A/C died a month ago and it was 700 degrees in the house and no I am not exaggerating. A/C update, we found a great A/C guy who came and fixed it right away, yay!
The Living Room!
Paint and a new rug that so far Milo has had diarrhea on and Gracie has barfed on, anyone what to come visit? Thankfully, we are well stocked with OXY Clean and everything was cleaned up and you would never know, but for reals that rug has taken a beating and we have had it a month,
Bad lighting but you get an idea of how it looks, maybe we can sell the dog with the house.
And NO the bedroom dresser should not be in the living room, but I can only control so much. Don't worry, it will not be coming with us.
Mr. Pies Room!
You may remember when we painted it, well I never shared the final product, so you can kind of see it here, when we move I want to get him some new furniture.
The Office!
I love how this turned out especially the rug, I am seriously in love this rug and for some reason I can't stop looking at it, lol.
Mr. Pies bathroom, it looks so nice, nothing done in here except paint.
The Backyard!
The yard looks a million times better! Close your eyes and imagine dirt and weeds and that is what it looked like before. I have to say as much as I am in love with the grass, it is really had to maintain with two dogs. Gracie and Milo have both attacked the grass and tried to pull large pieces of it up. Milo got squirted with the hose when I caught him in the act and Gracie got hit with a broom (not hard at all, I promise, just enough to distract her because I was not armed with the hose at the time) and every time they pee we have to hose down the spot to keep it from turning brown, grrr. But it looks great and will appeal to buyers.
The Front of the House!
We replaced the front lawn, planted some flowers and made the curb appeal a whole lot better, I am so happy with the way it turned out. I feel like the Sheriff and I can become the next Tarek & Christina from Flip or Flop!
Now all we need is a buyer for this house and my condo and we are good to go!
And a huge shout out and thank you to my Dad for helping fix/break a few things around the house and to my parents for the huge support in getting this done, you guys are they bestest in the whole wide world!!












No comments:
Post a Comment