Wednesday, April 20, 2016

One Year Ago!

One year ago today we started our new home journey with the “we will see where the wind blows us” attitude and put my little condo up for sale.  The Sheriff and I agreed that we would not force anything to happen, we would just wait and see what would happen and go with.  The sale of my condo took longer than I had hoped but in the end it sold to the right person at the right time and went very smoothly for the most part, I am not going to lie there were a lot of tears of frustration that were shed but everything worked out. We put the Sheriff’s house on the market the end of August and I was the point of contact for both homes for several months.  At times it was insane, I had real estate agents texting and calling me several times a day every day and there were times that we would have house showings at both houses at the same time.  It was crazy, I was crazy, but the crazy worked itself out.  Fast forward a couple months and we got an offer on the Sheriff’s house, we put in an offer on a new house and moved!  All along I have been saying that we would not move into our new house until April and BAM we closed escrow on April 1st


Moving in was a bit crazy and things were off to a rocky start when the Sheriff had a gout flare up, apparently it is very very very painful and he was in a lot of pain but somehow managed to power through it and get things done.  One day in and our water was turned off, thankfully it was not because we did not pay the bill like a few months ago. Even better it was because we called the Santa Margarita Water District to have our service transferred, they said “no problem” when in all actuality we are serviced by Moulton Niguel Water District, so that was fun trying to get the water turned on.  We had a gas leak in the garage and after two visits from the Gas Company and $64 later it was all fixed.  The previous owners had burglar alarm and at 5:37 am the second morning we were there it went off.  After a phone call to the alarm company, text messages to our agent, text messages to our sellers agents we finally got things settled down.

We are slowly but surely getting settled into our new digs, this past week it is really starting to feel like our home.  I was able to locate some of our decorative items that have been packed away and I recently discovered Cost Plus World Market and I am in LOVE with their stuff!  The Sheriff and I have purchased a few things for the house that need to be hung and my parents gave us new patio furniture for the backyard that will be coming in a few weeks. 

Now if Gracie would just stay out of the pool!!



No comments:

Post a Comment