Late last night the Sheriff and I moved our Uhaul to our new
house and unloaded a few things out of his truck to make room for more stuff to
haul out of my parents garage. As we were
finishing up a few of our new neighbors stopped by to say “hi”. We made small talk with them, chatted about
our dogs, kids, jobs and the new house.
As we were chatting away our new neighbors started talking about the
family that we bought the house from and how they had been telling them how
nice we were and how much they were going to like us. They went on and on and then one of them said
“it was the letter that made them want to sell us their house”. I stood there shocked, I had completely forgotten
about the letter I wrote to them, it was short and sweet, straight to the point
(we wanted the house) and apparently sealed the deal for us (along with our
agents who formed a good relationship with the listing agents) considering
there were three other offers on the house and we had no idea where we stood in
the offer pool.
Here is the letter I wrote, now that I reread it, I wish I
had taken more time to make it a lot better, but at the time I was in a hurry
and I did not have a second to spare. I
also edited it a bit, you know, taking out names of our employers and such, so don’t
think I sent it over this way!
-------------------
February 16, 2016,
To the Owners of 123 we want your house,
My family and I have been searching for the perfect house for
us for the last few months, after an extensive search we found your house and
fell in love with it. You have done a
beautiful job updating and decorating your entire home (we have the same rug
downstairs and the same bedding in the master, lol) and the backyard pool is
amazing, we can see ourselves making
great memories there with our family and friends that we already have in your
neighborhood.
A quick background on us, Ken has been a Sheriff’s Deputy
for the past twenty-five years and bought his first home in Mission Viejo over
twenty years ago and has an eleven year old son, Mr. Pie.
Erin has worked for the ______in their Community Services
Department for the past seven years.
Mr. Pie is a fun loving eleven year old boy who loves
animals, school and playing basketball.
And our future children, we are excited to add to our family
in the near future and your home is perfect for us to do so, your sweet little
nursery was a great reminder of this.
Together we are a fun loving family, we spend a lot of time
at the beach paddling for the Dana Outrigger Canoe Club, riding our bikes,
serving the community through work and volunteer projects and we are looking
for a house to call our “forever home”.
We hope you will accept our offer, we promise to love and
take care of your home for years to come!
Thank you,
The Sheriff, Erin & Mr. Pie
The most amazing part was throughout the entire 45 day
escrow we got the cold shoulder from the seller’s, they wanted nothing to do
with us even though we were really easy to work with so when we heard all the
nice things they had to say about us we were totally surprised!
And…..today is moving day!! The Sheriff and I both have to
work today but as soon as we get home it is game on and we will be sleeping in
our new house tonight!

No comments:
Post a Comment