Let’s just ignore the fact that I have not blogged in months
and jump straight into another house project.
Not blogging has been a lack of motivation combined with all I talk
about is all the projects around the house and I’m not sure anyone cares,
lol! So for the archives I am adding
this to the blog roll!
Since the day we moved in and probably 15 years prior to us
owning our house our staircase has needed a major overhaul and has been on my
“fix it” radar for the last 12 months.
After getting some serious motivation from my pals Chip and Joanna and the
know-how from Super Dad I got some SHIPLAP installed in our master bedroom
(still need to blog about that) and I have almost finished painting our room,
just need to do some touch up paint here and there and paint the crown molding
(ugh) and then I will share it with all of you.
Now, I am on to the staircase, every time I look at it I want to take a
sledgehammer to it and tear it down but thanks to Uncle Sam and my tax return I
know have the $$$ to replace it with something I want. I have spent many hours perusing Pintrest
like it is my job looking for the perfect staircase and I have finally narrowed
it down to three choices (one I liked, one the Sheriff liked and one that I
think both of us would be fine with). So,
I did what any normal person would do and I polled my Facebook friends,
Instagram followers and some coworkers.
I was shocked at how many casted their vote, even more surprised with
their explanation of why they chose the one they did and amazed about how many
people care about dust and dirt (because being the type who likes a clean house
I have never been too concerned about dust on my staircase, probably because
ours currently looks like hell and no amount of cleaning is going to make it
look better so I don’t really bother with it) note to self, need to clean the
stairs more often, oops).
Here are the three options…
Number 1 is my favorite; from the moment I laid eyes on it I
have not been able to get it out of my head.
Number 2 has the Sheriff’s vote and many of your votes as well and
number 3 actually belongs to a friend of mine who put this in her brand new
house a few months ago and when I was new to the staircase search I was set on
doing what she had done.
This is what we currently have, holy moly I am embarrassed
to post pictures of it. The staircase is
sooooo dated, the paint is dingy and dirty and already has several layers of
paint and up top it is not up to code and small child could fit through it.
Tonight I have a contractor (Super Dad
decided to sit this project out and I do not blame him) coming over to go over
all of the details and get this going and I cannot be more excited.
And for the moment you have all been waiting for the tally
of the votes! I like to call this
section WWCAJD (What Would Chip and Joanna do?) Voters include Facebook friends,
Instagram followers and some coworkers that are not on any of my social media
accounts.
#1 – 28 votes
#2 – 13 votes
#3 – 8 votes
Undecided – 4 people
As for me, as much as I want #1 I think #2 will look better
in my house. We have the reclaimed wood
wall so close to the staircase and I think #2 gives the house a more modern
farmhouse look that I am slowly trying to get too especially with our
traditional looking kitchen. It has been a really tough decision, stay tuned
for the final results, not sure how long it will be but I will report back when
it is all finished.



No comments:
Post a Comment