Friday, April 27, 2018

75 More Days to GO!


75 days until my due date but who is counting, lol!  Wednesday I was officially 29 weeks, I had the lovely glucose testing done that everyone dreads (it actually was not that bad), got my Tdap shot (I know a lot of people are not for vaccinations, I am and to each their own, no judgement here), had some blood work done and got a quick look at Benny!  Our little Benny boy is weighing in at 3lbs. 1 oz. and looks perfect from what we could see, he was head/face down and in a kind of twisted position so we did not see much of his face.  The last two weeks or so he has been camped out on my bladder which is really fun and the heartburn/acid reflux is horrible.   I had to venture out to CVS in the middle of the night to get some Zantac, while I was out I had to keep reminding myself that we live in a very safe city because the folks that were out at CVS at that hour are very odd!  I am starting to feel stronger kicks and punches, due to my anterior placenta I haven’t felt much but now that he is getting bigger and stronger I am feeling a lot more which is a huge relief.  A week or so ago I hadn’t felt him move in what felt like an eternity (more like a day) and I had pretty much convinced myself that something was really wrong, I was on the verge of a mental breakdown and spent way too much time contemplating what to do when I should have just gone to the doctor or to the hospital.  Everything was fine after I fed him everything spicy from Chipotle, drank some caffeine, laid down and cried, next time I am going straight to the doctor and they can check the crazy lady box on my chart.  I finally preregistered at the hospital, which turned out to be nothing since they had all my info, picked a pediatrician (thank you to a couple friends and the Residents of Aliso Viejo Facebook page for the recommendations) and signed us up for the new parent night on May 4th.  And the most exciting part of this all drumroll please….I filled out my FMLA paperwork for my 14-15ish weeks of bonding with my new baby!  My coworkers are going to hate me, I am leaving them at the busiest time of the year, eeek!  Oh well, nothing I can do about that besides wish them good luck and hope I covered all things necessary in the manual I made for them, hopefully the newborn snuggles will make up for it when we visit.  I start my every two week appointments now, crazy, before we know it July will be here! 

This was taken a couple weeks ago, one day I just popped!

Glucose test! 

He still has huge feet, my little swimmer boy!

Not the best picture of his face, he was also showing us his biceps!



No comments:

Post a Comment