I need a weekend to recover from this past weekend! Friday started out with an uneventful morning
doctor appointment for Benny and I, I am totally grateful for uneventful
appointments but the 1.5 hour long wait to find out I have gained 20 lbs. was a bit painful. Benny is doing great so that is all that
matters. After my appointment I headed up to LA to meet up with my sister and
niece because we had tickets to see Taylor Swift. The concert was amazing, we (even Benny, who
rocked out to the opening act) had such a good time together! I rolled into Mission Viejo around midnight,
it was a long day but so worth it.
Mari's first concert!
I had to crop myself out of this picture, I looked so tired and apparently I brought a couple chins with me!
Saturday was my second baby shower hosted by my Mom, sister
Kathy and sister in law Shannon along with two junior hostess Mari and
Caroline! The shower was amazing,
everything was perfect, I could not ask for anything more! I took a few pictures before it started but
did not take any during, it was just nice to enjoy the moment plus my mom hired
a photographer to come take pictures so that took a lot of pressure off to
capture every moment! I couldn’t be more
grateful/thankful for everyone who took time out of their weekend to come
celebrate Benjamin!
Thank you to my Mom, Kathy & Shannon for everything, it was absolutely perfect!!!
My Mom made this really cute banner, I love the little police car that she included!
There were three tables for the guests and the overwhelming gift table.
Little gifts for the guests!
Caroline was the life of the party, she had one liners for everything!
This cake!!!
I don't know what it is about it but it is one of the most amazing cakes I have ever seen! It is simple but oh so perfect, I absolutely loved it!
This is by far the best picture I have of my friends Elisse and Carrie! I have known both of them for 30+ years (I feel soooo old typing that) and this just makes me smile looking at it! Elisse flew down from Sacramento to be at my shower, I have no words to express how happy that made me!
The Sheriff's Tita Beth and cousin Jessica made the two hour trek from the Valley to come!
Cousins!
That is Benny's little BFF Aria in there! Danielle and I are due exactly one month apart, Aria is due August 11th!
The inspection crew!
Gracie and Ebo had to check out all of the gifts and of course Gracie thought they were all for her!
After the shower Carrie and Elisse came over to my house and we went to dinner at Jimmy's Famous American Tavern in Dana Point, it was really good but they charged my credit card an extra $100, I'm now in the process of getting my $$$ back!
Sunday we had a memorial service to attend for one of the
Sheriff’s coworkers, Willie Nelson passed away last weekend after a long battle
with colon cancer, he was only 62! Based
on what everyone said about him, he was one heck of a nice guy. I had only met him a couple times, once at
the Harbor Patrol Christmas party and the time he stopped in to see the Sheriff
in the hospital when he was recovering from his stroke. Willie was there going through his treatment
and made a point to stop in and see him!
This is a terrible picture, but this is Willie when he came to visit the Sheriff!
Not sure who took this picture but I found it on FB, this was taken as the bag pipes were played in Willie's honor.














No comments:
Post a Comment