Sunday, March 13, 2011

Now Serving #47!

I have been searching for new house numbers for A LONG time and I have never found exactly what I wanted, not that I knew exactly what I wanted but I always felt once I saw them I would know for sure! So after a small search on the internet Saturday morning it finally came to me, duh Erin, why don't you make your own house numbers!  So the crafty part of me got to thinking, drove to Michael's and went to work on the front lawn!

Supplies Needed:
  • wood
  • spray paint
  • plastic lid from bottle of soap
  • sand paper
  • #'s
  • clear spray stuff to seal project when finished painting.
  • t-shirt that you wore to the gym that morning!
  • junk mail (thank you Mission Hospital, should of used the junk CHASE sends me but it is good to have the local hospital info on hand, you never know when a project can go south)
  • plastic swimming pool (thanks Gracie for letting me borrow it)
  • nosey neighbors (must you drive slow and stare?)



T-Shirt worn to gym that morning comes in handy for dusting things off.
Don't worry I had a tank top on underneath.

Lid from soap bottle work wonders to keep black paint off white areas.

Making progress!

Got a little carried away with the black spray paint!

 
Finished project!! 
I love how it turned out, now time for the new gate before Gracie completely eats our current one or it falls apart!

2 comments:

  1. That looks really cute. I cant believe your association let you change your own numbers! Ours is SOOO anal, they send a letter if your grass is slightly overgrown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOA!!! awesome! SOOOOO cute!!!! You are C-R-A-F-T-Y lady!!! love it :) giving my ideas for our numbers that we are supposed to have - oops

    ReplyDelete