I am constantly on the search for easy to make, easy to store, easy to take to work and easy to re-heat meals. Taco Soup has been discovered and it covers all of my easy requirements and I swear it tastes better as leftovers and I am SOOOOOO NOT a leftover fan, however I am learning to love them! Here it is, the easy recipe......
1lb. ground beef (I use Trader Joe's organic ground beef)
1- 8oz. can of canned corn (do not drain)
1- 8oz. can of tomato sauce
1- 14.5oz. can of stewed tomatoes
1- 28oz. can of diced tomatoes
1- yellow onion(diced)
1- package of taco seasoning
Directions: Brown meet and cook onions together, drain all excess fat when done cooking. In large pot combine all ingredients, stir well and simmer on low for 1 hour stiring occasionally, sprinke grated cheddar cheese on top right before eating!
Enjoy!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 1 hour
Clean up time: 5 mins
Soup has a kick to eat, it freezes well and makes at least 5 dinner servings, if you are making it for your clan, corn bread would go well with it. It is perfect for a cold and windy day like we are having today.
I forgot to get the taco seasoning out for the picture above.
Ready for the freezer!
MMmmmmm, this is making me hungry! wish I could grab one of those containers right out of the picture! This is right up my alley for easy peasy meals! I can't wait to try it! THANKS!!! :)
ReplyDelete