Saturday, December 1, 2012

Been gone awhile, time for an update!

It is December 1st and the holiday season has officially begun!  This morning started out with a great paddle practice, I am off to the DOCC holiday party tonight (thank goodness for the burning of the calories this morning, I will get enjoy all of the wine food tonight!), it should be fun, I am just bringing brownies to the party, it is something easy and does not require a dish that needs to be washed and I do not have to wait until everyone is done eating it to take home!  There is a pre-party at an undisclosed location for some cocktails and hors d'oeuvres and we most likely show up fashionably late.  I am bringing a tasty spinach artichoke dip that my aunt made for Thanksgiving, OMG, I cannot wait to dive into it (again, thankful for all of the calories I burned this morning). 


Here is the recipe for this tasty delight....

- 1/2 cup reduced fat mayo
- 1/2 cup of greek yogurt (single serving is just the right amount)
-14oz can artichoke hearts (cara mia)
-2 cloves of minced garlic
-1 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese

Stir in all of the ingredients, place in 8x8 pan and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbly.  Slightly brown under the broiler for 2-3 minutes.  Serve with crackers.

ENJOY!

Our little movie star Cole (black in white shirt) was in another Sesame Street video last week.  Oh my goodness he is such a cute little boy, actually not so little anymore, in the video he looks so grown-up. 



I love him so much!

We all had an amazing Thanksgiving, my sister and her Mom slaved away all day in the kitchen to make us a fabulous meal!  I have been meaning to call her up and say "Thank You", but I always remember late at night, so hopefully she is reading this!  I was on the entertainment committee and played with Cole & Mari all afternoon,  Cole can now play card games and he is quite the UNO player.  We took our standard self portrait pictures together (I hope they never grow to old to take self portraits with their Auntie).






Oh my goodness the kids were WILD with a little poking from ME!  See for yourself....













And of course dinner....


I think that about covers all of the happenings in the past week or so, catch ya later! 




No comments:

Post a Comment