Friday, November 30, 2012

A year ago today!

A year ago today Mr. Pilot-Man and I broke up for the first time (read all about it here), sadly it was on his birthday (who does that to someone else?), oops!  I seriously cannot believe that it was just a year ago, it seems like 5 years ago, so much so I hardly ever think about him (really, only when I see an airplane fly over my house, cause he used to fly over it all of the time and he would always tell me, I just flew over your house), I guess that means you are truly over someone when you do not think about them at all.  Anyways, I guess this post is to reflect on how my life has changed in the last year and that good can come from bad and that life will and does go on.  I am not going to lie, life sucked, it sucked big time, I was so sad/bummed/disappointed, it was the beginning of the holiday season and I so wanted to spend that time of year with him, but instead I was all by myself.  Thankfully I had many distractions, work, Gracie, cute Christmas shows to go to, my mom getting the stomach flu so my sister and I had to cook Christmas dinner (selfishly, it kept me from being sad), etc.  But in the last year, I would never thought in a million years I would be doing the stuff I am doing now.  Had I still been with Leo, I would probably be living in a far off land all by myself with no family around, Gracie would probably be living with my parents (yep, they sure are glad I did not move), I would of never laid a hand on a paddle, still would have no idea what an outrigger canoe was let alone be the member of a club, there would be no surfboard hanging in my garage, no bike rides, no OC-1 adventures for sure and I would of never met the people I call my friends today, time sure flies when you are having fun.  It is crazy how life works itself out, and how true those sayings like "when one door closes, another one opens" or the dreaded "everything happens for a reason" and so on.  But in the spirit of being thankful, I have an awesome family (soon a new little cousin) and great friends and I could not ask for anything more!  Thank you to everyone who has made this past year of my life a lot easier to get through then I ever thought it would be.  

1 comment:

  1. that is so awesome to see you all healed and moved on! see you friday my friend. ps lets talk details!

    ReplyDelete