Ok, so I guess posting backwards is not my strong suit since I already screwed it up. There is a good chance I was confused with what day it was yesterday since it was a holiday and I had been off since Friday. Anyways on Sunday myself and a huge group of my paddle friends helped host/volunteer at a Wounded Warrior event down at baby beach. About 20 families came out and got to go out in the canoes, try stand up paddling and race around in a two man. It was awesome to hear the stories of these men and women who have had huge obstacles thrown their way and have been home bound for months and worked up the courage to come out and join us down at the beach. The OC Register was there and wrote about this event here.
These are just a few pics I took, I had to put my phone in the car since we were going out on the water. I wish I had it with me, there was a service dog that looked just like Lucy except this dog was a lot bigger then her, but you could tell they were related. It is neat to think that Lucy's breed is smart enough to be a service dog, but then I think so is Gracie's and look what I got a dumb dog who eats grass and chewed up gum all of the time. Anyways it was a lot of fun and everyone had a great time, we cannot wait to do it again next year.
A special thanks to all of the men and women who fight to protect our freedom!
Happy Veteran's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment