I officially have one more car payment, I cannot wait until December 21, to say "peace out" to my car payment. I have worked so hard to pay it off early and I have succeeded by paying it off six months early. It is kind of crazy cause I am so close to it being paid off and I plan on keeping my car for as long as I can that I am totally freaked out that someone is going hit my car and I will have to get a new one. It is a nightmare I live almost everyday watching all of the crazy people on the road (xanax anyone?) and lets just say I will not be one of those graceful people who says "accidents happen", if an accident occurs cause I will be a raging loon, demanding their license, registration and proof of insurance! I almost feel like putting a sign on my bumper that says "keep back 200ft". Then the other day I get a phone call from Norm Reeve's Honda in Huntington Beach, let's just DO NOT EVER buy a car from them unless you want to talk to them often. They used to call me all of the time for misc. crap and I was so sick of it I told them in no uncertain terms to NEVER call me again and they sort of listened. Anyways, this gal from Norm Reeve's calls the other day and this is how the conversation goes......
Gal: Hi Erin this is ______from Norm Reeve's and I noticed that you have 9 payments left on your 2008 Honda CRV.
Me: Umm, no I have 2 payments left
Gal: Oh! Well the reason why I am calling is cause I have people here interested in buying a used 2008 CRV and we would like to talk to you about trading yours in.
Me: That is great but I am not interested, I have 2 payments left and I do not want to buy a new car.
Gal: Well, we have new CRV's with a lot of new features that your 2008 does not have.
Me: Ya, well I plan on keeping my car for at least 5 more years, I am fine with the features I have on my car.
Gal: That is great, but you do know that you will soon start to have to pay more repair bills than you have had to pay in the last 4 years cause you know as cars get older they need more work.
Me: Thinking in my head "please do not talk to me like I am stupid"
Me: It is only 4 years old. It is a Honda, it will run forever with the proper maintenance that I already do.
Gal: But
Me: So you are saying that you want to buy my car back so you can sell it to someone who can then incur a lot of repair bills? Gee, that is nice of you! Why would I want to buy new CRV when you are telling me in 5 years it will break down? If this is how you are going to sell new cars to current owners than my next car will be a Toyota. Thanks for calling, CLICK!
For reals that lady was a treat, did she really think I was that dumb? I feel like sending this blog post to the sales team at Honda and tell them that their trade-in tactic is all wrong and it makes them look kind of shady. But for the record I love my car and I really truly have no desire to buy a new car anytime soon and if I was forced to, I would probably buy the same car again. And just to show how much I love my car, here is a picture of the only "features" I need!
Yep, that is right, my OC-1, bike, surfboard and snowboard can all fit either on or inside the car and still leave room for myself, Gracie and a friend or two!
No comments:
Post a Comment