Mr. Pilot-Man and I broke up last night, it was horrible but it happened. Most of you do not know that a few weeks ago he got an interview with an airline in Dubai, I knew it was a possibility that he might get an interview as he has applied for this job months before we met but we were not expecting it so soon (at least I wasn’t). This interview in my eyes is a huge honor for him and I am really proud of him considering that there are pilots all over the world applying for a position like this, just to get interview is amazing and as long as everything goes well (I know he will do great) he will be on his way to Dubai for the next few years in just a matter of weeks. However, along with this great opportunity there really is no room for me in his life, so I knew that when he boarded that plane that would be the end of our relationship. Well, in the last few weeks I have been in a weird spot in my life trying to figure out what to do, I know my relationship was going to end with him, I just did not know when, so part of me went into what’s the point in continuing to date/break-up mode but I never said anything to him, I guess I thought it would be easier to deal with all of this now vs. watching walk away from me a month or so from now. Well, he is a smart cookie and figured it out and that is when things came to a head last night. It was ugly and not my best moments, there was a lot of talking, a lot of crying, a lot of apologizing, but the thing is we are also two completely different people who really liked, cared and loved each other but just saw things and expected things to be different in our relationship. It was amazing to hear what each other had to say and thinking were we talking about the same relationship our views were polar opposite. I have no bad feelings towards him even though I showed the opposite last night, I was just bummed, disappointed and frustrated with the whole situation, not to mention I feel like a complete jerk that this happened basically on his birthday, today’s post was going to be a Happy Birthday to a guy I really cared about and wishing him a great day and happiness, not a downer like it is. Leo if you are reading this I will miss you A LOT, I am really proud of you and I wish you the best at your new job/adventure, I know you will do great!
To my family and friends, please do not contact me until I get home tonight the day is going to rough enough and I do not want to talk about this while I am at work.
oh gosh, hang in there. we will talk when you're ready my friend!
ReplyDeleteHug!
ReplyDelete