Curtis the dog walker is seriously the best! A little back story, I met Curtis when Gracie was a pup, I would take her everywhere with me to make sure she was well socialized and one of our outings was to Starbucks every morning. I would tie lil Gracie to the garbage can outside the door and she would sit there giving everyone the most pathetic orphan Annie, nobody loves me, I am so lonely looks. Curtis worked at Starbucks and he would come out and pet Gracie and give into her sad woe is me looks. Curtis was/is also a dog walker, he gave me his card and told me to call him if I ever needed a dog walker. Fast forward a year and I got a new job that was farther from home and I was having hip surgery, so I called Curtis and asked him if he was still interested in walking Gracie for me, he said yes, he came over, I gave him the run down on “G”, gave him a key and that was it, he has been walking Gracie for almost three years. My friends and family thought I had lost my mind when I gave him a key to my house, but what was I supposed to do, he needed to get in there for the leash and food and I never was worried about him walking off with any of my stuff and if he ever did he must need it more than I do, plus he brings in all of the junk mail that is left on my gate and packages that are delivered!
So every year Gracie likes to get him a little something for Christmas, usually movie tickets or a gift card somewhere and he usually brings us a little something too, well this year I almost died of laughter, I got home the other night and there were two packages on the counter, some treats for “G” and a frying pan for me, lol! Let’s just say that I have a little frying pan that has seen its fair share of use over the years and Curtis sees the same frying pan pretty much every day in the sink, I really do try to keep things neat and tidy, but there are some days when the sink is over flowing with dishes. Anyways this frying pan needs to be thrown away but I need to purchase a new one before I toss the old one and I have not gotten around to it, well problem solved I am now the proud owner of a new frying pan, thanks Curtis.
I could seriously go on and on for days about how great he is to Gracie and I and I have no idea what I would do without him taking care of Gracie for me during the day! Actually, I know what I would do if he was not around, sneak Gracie into Doggie Daycare like I did today, but that is a whole nother post!
If you look close you can still see breakfast!
Got to take these back, they will kill Gracie.



That seriously made me laugh SO hard! What an observant guy that Curtis is!
ReplyDelete