Monday, December 5, 2011

You Guys are the Best!

To all of my friends and family!

Thank you for all of your support and kind words this past weekend, I was afraid I was going to have a lot of free time on my hands and therefore a lot of time to reflect/grieve/get angry at the situation that unfolded Thursday night.

Friday was a rough day as I had only a couple hours of sleep and had to be at work way to early that morning, I looked like hell, had bags under my eyes but thankfully my eyes were not puffy, red or swollen, I am still not sure how I dodged that bullet. My friend Melisa met me for lunch so I could vent/cry, it was a really nice/needed get away from work, everyone was great and respected my wishes and waited till I was home from work before calling and I so appreciate that, I received many emails, texts and facebook messages and your words of encouragement were just what I needed, I was so emotionally exhausted that I think I was in bed around 7:30pm that night.

Saturday I met up with my cousins Katie, Darrell and Derek in San Diego (thank you mom & dad for watching the wild beast) for the December Nights Festival in Balboa Park, it was great to get away for the afternoon/evening for a scenery change and good company. We met up with some of their friends and Darrell’s family and wondered around Balboa Park and through some of the museums, food courts and carnival games, it was crazy crowded but a lot of fun.

Sunday morning I got up, went and picked Gracie up from my parent’s house, taught my weekly swim lesson and took Gracie for a walk, but I was having a rough morning, I was feeling really down and just could not shake the feelings of sadness, thank goodness for my neighbor/friend Kris, she sent me a text message at just the right time asking if I was free for a bike ride. We went for a bike ride it was great, the weather was perfect and it was just what I needed to clear my head, after the bike ride I hit Mission Mall for some necessary retail therapy and to make some returns, I scored while I was there, a couple of my favorite stores where having good sales so I picked myself up a couple things and went home a much more relaxed person!

Now it is Monday and I have to say I have not looked forward to a Monday as much as I have looked forward to this one, it is a start to a new week and to a new future for me! Don’t get me wrong, I am not some cold hearted person who has put all of this behind her, I am still really sad and just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes, but I know life will go on and that things could be a lot worse than they are and that I need and can push through this! Thanks again everyone for your thoughts, prayers and support, it means a lot!

erin :)

1 comment:

  1. Xxxooo...as the saying goes...the show must go on....glad you're doing okay...let's go for another ride this weekend

    ReplyDelete