Saturday, July 20, 2013

OC Fair!


This time every year the Orange County Fair is held at the fairgrounds in Costa Mesa and every year I want to go but never do, so yesterday Ken took his kiddo and I to the fair!  Most of you are gonna laugh when you hear that I have only been to the fair once in my lifetime and that was when I was 16 or 17 years old, my parents were/are not "fair people" so we never went growing up.  I was actually pleasantly surprised when we got there that it was not as shady as I thought it would be, when I think of fairs all I can think of are old rickety rides that break and leave people with missing limbs or kill them (i think I have watched way to many amazing rescue videos).  Anywho, we had a great time, we went on a few rides, played a few games, watched a couple shows, ate bad for you fair food and enjoyed the rodeo at the end of the night.  I took as many pictures as my phone would allow until it died, so no pictures of the rodeo, but I got a lot of others.

Ken's son (I really need to give the kiddo an alias, maybe I will call him "Mr. Pie"because he tells us several times a day that he likes pie, I think it is an annoying 8 yr. old thing, but what can we do, so from now on I will call him "Mr. Pie"), wanted to win a goldfish, you know the kind that if it makes it through the weekend it can officially be called a pet?  Well Mr. Pie won one on his very first toss, thankfully they babysit the fish until you are ready to go home so you do not have to carry it around.  

I wanted to go to the pig races, so at 3pm I dragged everyone over to the race track to watch the piggies, it was a cheesy show, but it was very cute and we all enjoyed it.



Ken and I on the ride that takes you over the fair.

How cool is this, this guy parachuted into the arena before the rodeo with the American Flag attached to him, it was pretty awesome and I may of bossed Ken around and told him to take pictures cause my phone was dead and I so needed a picture of it. Lol!



MMM, funnel cakes, we had to have one before we left.

The ferris wheel was free to ride on, but no thank you, I do not do ferris wheels, way to scary!

We all had a great time, ate some good ole' American fair junk food and enjoyed every minute of it together and I am looking forward to going again next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment