I am going to start this post off by saying I LOVE SUMMER!!! It is on July 2, but seriously it has been so great so far! This past weekend DOCC, Ken, his kiddo and I spent Saturday down in San Diego for the Outrigger Iron Champs Race and yep, that is right my coed boat brought home the gold (no pressure when you are steering the boat with your coach and fellow paddlers who have more years of experience combined than you are old) and DOCC brought home the trophy for most points earned in this series of races! The novice team organized a great potluck with all the fixing's and everyone had a great time. Ken brought pineapple chunks soaked in rum and vodka (mmm, so good), but lets just make this post a reminder that I do not do vodka and pineapple ever again, there may or may not of been some bowing down to the porcelain god the moment I ran walked into my house (it was not pretty) and I only had one and a half spears of fruit. I wish I had pictures of the spread, it was really amazing and we are so lucky to have a great bunch of people to spend our weekends with.
Let's just say we do not travel light, I think the wagon enables us a tad and we bring more stuff than we should, but I am not sure what we should leave behind and the idea of carrying it all is not appealing, so we have the trusty old wagon to schlep all of our stuff around!
This is our set-up each weekend, not a bad way to spend your day!
I finally took the plunge and bought myself a steering blade (I think it was what got us the first place medal, hehe!). My friend April was sooooo shocked I bought it she took a picture and posted it on Facebook! See team, no commitment issues here! Isn't she pretty? The paddle that is!
My cousin Katie brought her kiddo's down to hang with us at the beach, sadly there were no open parking spots so her husband could not join us. But I did get to finally meet her new baby Ava, oh how I love me some sweet baby snuggles!
Proof we WON! Way to go team! We were in the unlimited coed division.
Sunday I headed to the parents house cause my three favorite kiddo's were over there! I tried to take a picture of these little ladies, but it was not working out so well especially when Mari was trying move Caroline's head to look at me.
Cole, Grammy and I played UNO all afternoon, it was turning into a cut throat game! I love the fact that Cole is old enough to play card games and that he is good at them, it makes it even more fun.
I have had the joy of being off work this week, I am not gonna lie, I do not miss it all and I have enjoyed doing just about nothing so far! This has been the scene for the past two mornings, we could not be happier......
I was in desperate need of a haircut, so I took care of that today, holy moly that is a lot of hair!
Much better! Thank you Carrie McCray for sending me Mandana's way, I love her!
Tonight I have a meeting with DOCC for an upcoming race and then it is date night with the boyfriend! Hope you are all having a good week so far, it is nice and toasty outside, so stay cool!


No comments:
Post a Comment