Saturday, March 1, 2014

Frisbee, Storm Watch, Paddling, Cookies, Shoes & More!


What can I say, but it has been a busy week around these parts!  I took Wednesday and Thursday off this week cause the Sheriff and I were planning on taking Mr. Pie snowboarding but due to the lack of snow we did not go, so instead we stayed home and tackled more projects around the Sheriff's house.  We started our time off with a trip to the park for the pups, Gracie is quite the frisbee dog, so it was fun to get a few shots of her in action.
After the park we hit Home Depot, grabbed a few items along with some flower and grass seed to spruce up the Sheriff's front yard.  We planted Iceland Poppies and Snap Dragons and it turned out so nice.  We then spread some grass seed in the bare parts of the lawn and we are currently praying that it will grow, cause we have no idea what we are doing and neither one of us was blessed with a green thumb, so we are flying by the seat of our pants with fingers crossed for grass.


See the brown parts, there are more of them and we need grass.  I am hoping with all of this rain we will have grass soon!

Speaking of rain, there is nothing more bonding for a paddling team then a good paddle in the rain.  Thursday morning a dozen of us headed out for a morning sunrise paddle and instead it was a morning soaker paddle, it was tons of fun and no one caught pneumonia.

All my wet clothes and gear and why yes, I did wear a sun visor, it helped keep the water out of my face.

After a hot shower and yummy breakfast with the Sheriff (take your minds out of the gutter, we just had breakfast together not the shower, I took care of that at my house by myself), we went on the search for rubber boats for the Sheriff, he needed them for work, so after several stops we landed at West Marine.  Poor Mr. Pie thought it was some type of Aquarium place where he could visit with all of the critters from under the sea and we were mean enough not to tell him it was a retail store, he was so disappointed when he realized he would not be seeing any sea life.  I however left very happy with my much prettier than the old pair new pair of Keen's.  My last pair were UGLY and a lot $$$$, but were the best paddling shoes, but they were really UGLY and a lot of $$$$ and they broke, so anyone who works for Keen that might be reading this, I am very disappointed that your product did not hold up very well.  I am hoping these hold up better, they seem to have a different backing on them and they are not as ugly as my other ones.


After West Marine the Sheriff took us to Mario's aka Gina's and I had my salad, YUM YUM, their dressing is amazing!!!  They are located right across the street from Hoag Hospital, so when Super Dad was there, I would go get my salad before visiting him.


Friday it rained all day, so Gracie and I stayed home except for a couple errands before the down pour. We literally did nothing but lounge around the house and nap, it was a much needed recovery day for me.


We had a tornado warning, crazy!


The worst part of rain and owning a dog……a wet dog.  Gracie stinks and she was soaked because she likes to find the perfect place to poop, seriously that makes me crazy, just poop dog.


The Sheriff got to hang with Vicki Vargas from channel 4 news and he was spotted on television later on.  Yep, he can pump out a boat like no other, that's my guy, lol.  The Harbor Patrol is like AAA, they do it all; rescue boaters, pull out dead bodies, write tickets, arrest people, put out fires, carry guns, fight crime, pump out boats, etc.


A screen shot of him, he looks good in yellow, it is a nice change from the green.

I went to the gym this morning for the first time in probably a year and a half, only because it was raining and April and I were unable to go paddle, so instead we went to the gym, let's just say my legs hurt bad right now.  The weather did clear and I helped out with the novice paddle practice so technically I got two workouts in today.


Since I went to the gym, I bought myself some new shoes.  Wow, two pairs of new kicks in one week, what is the world coming too?

Since I went to the gym and paddled with the novice the devil made me buy these, please make cookie season go away, I have a weakness for Thin Mints.


I made it home from all of my errands just as it started to pour again, we were hit with thunder and lightening which freaks Gracie out and killed my smoke detector (weird I know).  Not sure why it jacked my smoke detector, but lets just say a huge bolt of lightening came followed by thunder that shook my house and at the same time my smoke detector started beeping and then died, coincidence, I think NOT.

Gracie, HATES thunder and tries to hide under me, but after 30 mins of her hiding under me I am done, so she sat next to me for another 30 mins just making sure that bad thunder was gone before she left my side, this happened this morning at 1am too, I am done with thunder, I do not need her barking/crying/pacing anymore.

And here we are now.  Not sure what Sunday has in store for us, but I am sure it will be a good day as well.  



No comments:

Post a Comment