Monday, March 10, 2014

Just Like Old Times!

Growing up I remember the excitement of going to school a couple days before school would start and finding out which teacher I would have for that school year and then there was the excitement of the first day of school and the gathering of friends who I had not seen all summer long.  Now that I am all grown-up there are no more first days of school and going to work is the same everyday and I am not to excited to go, but today was like a first day of school, it was the first day of the 2014 paddling season and the gathering of friends who I had not seen since September.  There was that excitement in the air, it was so good to see and get caught up with everyone and it was equally as great to see new faces; people that we well surely become fast friends with in the near future.  The whole club is in the process of learning a new paddling technique, getting rid of bad habits and becoming a faster paddling team, it is kind of nice to start off fresh and know things will only continue to get better.  I am off to register for the Dana Ocean Challenge happening this weekend, hopefully I will see a lot of my Dana peeps out there.  Now for some really serious talk, when I register for this race, do I get the t-shirt in my size or do I get it to fit the Sheriff and let him have it?  I mean for reals this is a tough decision, this could indicate that we are in a new chapter of our relationship if I give him the shirt, right?  Lol.  


And don't forget…..

Life is SO Much Better on the Water.

No comments:

Post a Comment