Thursday, March 20, 2014

Life As We Know It Right Now!

Another week of a quiet blog, poor blog, I really do enjoy posting on it but you know that small thing called “paddling season” has started and besides just reposting pretty much every blog post from last season since life is pretty much the same I don’t have a lot to talk/bitch/vent about.  So anywho, paddling season has started and it has pretty much zapped any and all free time that I used to have.  So I will try to recap what has gone on in life in the last two-ish weeks.

Friday Super Mom and I went to lunch together, I needed to pick up some meds for the Gracie-dog and the Vet is just down the street from the parents and Super Mom and I have not been to lunch in F O R E V E R, so it was a great excuse to go.  Our beloved Cheesecake Factory was calling our name, so we went.  After we went I introduced Super Mom to REI, we went with a purpose so we did not peruse the isles; instead I went straight for the Thule Racks and was in and out of there in 10 mins.  I bought myself a new rack system for the CRV so I could transport the OC-2 with a little more stability, to say I was excited was an understatement, I was thrilled with my new purchase, I am such a DORK.  I love the Thule catalog; I am always picking a copy up to see what new products they might have, I swear that catalog screams fun.

\
My new rack, fancy right?

Saturday, April and I completed another OC-2 race, this one seemed a bit more challenging then that last one, probably because I could not get my act together and paddle like a normal person.  My body/chest was extremely sore and every stroke hurt like no other.  We also hit every large patch of kelp in the Pacific Ocean, grrrr, oh well it is what it is and we still had a good time and that is all that matters.  For all of you that were hanging on the edge of your seat wondering what size t-shirt I ended up ordering (see last post) and if the Sheriff was going to be the lucky recipient of said t-shirt, well….I decided to order an XL and I gave it to him, yes, I guess it if official, we have taken our relationship to the next level, this is serious stuff. 


I love baby beach in the morning, it is so pretty.

This is how I feel every Saturday after paddling practice, such a dilemma.

Sunday the Sheriff went to paddling practice (this sport has seriously taken over our lives) with the novice, due to work and Mr. Pie’s schedule with his Mom the Sheriff cannot not go to the Men’s team practice, so I stayed behind (I have been helping out the novice here and there) and watched Mr. Pie while he was out on the water.  Mr. Pie and I brought our scooters to the beach with us and rode down to Proud Mary’s for breakfast.  After breakfast we rode around the island and watched the novice come back in, we cheered the Sheriff on and took some pictures.  In the past Mr. Pie has wanted to ride and ride and ride and ride and ride and ride scooters (I swear he is trying to kill me, lol) and dang I am 35 years old, I am tired and I can’t ride F O R E V E R like he can, so this was my perfect excuse to sit and relax a little.  That night the Sheriff, Mr. Pie and I had dinner with the parents, poor Mr. Pie was the only kid there, he played with Lucy the whole time, but I think he was kind of bored, but he was a good sport and never complained.  We had a good laugh at the dinner table and realized that we need to teach him appropriate things to say while sitting there, I will let your imaginations run wild with what you think he might of said, cause I cannot not do it justice retelling it on the here. 

That's my guy standing up, I love that he is waving to us.

Another work week came around, lately things have been so busy that the minute I get there and I hit the ground running, or at least I think I do, my ADD has been on fire this week and I have been having trouble concentrating.  Myself and a couple others are planning an April 1st potluck because wouldn’t you know it but April 1st is International Have Fun at Work Day, so I sent out an email to all city staff about it and I have already received a couple emails asking if this is a joke.  NO people this is for real. 

I miss seeing the Sheriff, I only see him on Sunday’s due to our work schedules and Mr. Pie and it kind of sucks.  Shift change happens this Friday and he will be getting off work around 7 pm for the next month, so perhaps I will get to see him a bit more.  I need more facetime (not the iphone app) and less text time, insert sad picture of girlfriend.  I feel like I am constantly making excuses to my friends as why I don’t see him and I swear they all think we have a jacked up relationship.  I am not gonna lie, I wish he had an 8-5 work schedule for selfish reasons (on a side note:  I have never dated anyone with a normal work schedule, I must of seriously pissed off the work gods, however they always seem to be men in uniform, so I guess that is the tradeoff).  Thank goodness, I have paddling and a dog to keep me busy otherwise I would be a hot mess. 

I am on week three of clean eating, I decided to stop eating all breads, pastas, packaged food (never really ate a lot of this), etc.  I was having serious uncomfortable gut issues after eating (like my stomach looked like I had gained 20lbs. after a meal) and it was not fun.  I am not sure if it is a gluten issue or a food allergy/sensitivity, but man oh man do I feel better.  So for now, until I decide to take the time to figure out what my issue is I am just going to go with this new way of eating.  I did have a breakdown a few days ago and I had a Twix bar and I paid for it later a couple hours later.   I am not gonna lie, I am going to miss all of those yummy carbs and bad for you foods, but feeling better outweighs the momentary satisfaction of the taste.     

My favorite right now, spicy poke and avocado.

Now if you are still reading this, give yourself a high 5 because that is a lot to get through!   I feel like I just lost 5 lbs. of brain information.  

Until the next brain dump, erin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment