Yesterday was the first race of the season, it was a beautiful day down in San Diego's Mission Bay and the race day festivities did not disappoint. The race started off a bit bumpy, it took us 45 minutes to paddle to the start line and we spent 30 of the 45 minutes battling large swell just to make it out there and I have to say I am shocked that we did not flip over. We had a strong crew, but we kind of lost our power towards the end, which was a bummer cause several boats passed us right at the finish line, but we had a good time and that is all that matters.
My crew! Debra, Me, Ricki, Diana, Melanie and Heather.
The novice heading out to their first race.
The Sheriff asked me to pick up his new race jersey's and being the nice/kind/thoughtful person I am I did. Well, I guess I forgot to pack myself a dry shirt for after the race, so lucky for me I had two of his to choose from. I sent him this picture while he was a work and told him it looked better on me than him, I don't think he agreed with me.
After the race, I headed home, showered and headed to the parents house to celebrate Cole's birthday along with my brother in law Mike's birthday and since we were all together we threw in Mother's Day. We had a really nice time, Kathy made our favorite enchilada's and Super Mom made the birthday cake.
C & M strike a pose.
I LOVE them!
The girls were just as excited to watch Cole open his presents as he was to get them, so cute.
Seriously, how cute is she?
This picture was taken right as Mari ran up to me and gave me a hug thanking me for the gift I gave Cole, she them proceeded to tell me that I was "the best Auntie in the whole wide world" and then of course I told her I would buy her a pony.
He is seriously the sweetest boy, I wanted to hug and kiss him all night long.
after all the singing was done, Mari and I took a gazillion selfies, she is AWESOME.
AND to my M O M……
Your the bestest ever and I LOVE you so much.
I also know Gracie was saying this too.
Happy Mother's Day!










No comments:
Post a Comment