This poor blog has been neglected a lot lately but lets be real do you all want to read my weekly updates where I recount everything I did, probably not unless your my Mom and even then she would probably like a phone call from me instead of a blog post in her inbox. Just in case you said "yes" to that question, sorry, to bad, I am not gonna do that tonight. So let's take a trip down memory lane, oh about five years ago I had hip surgery, nothing major, you know just where they put your hip/leg in traction, separate the joint, remove extra bone, clean up torn cartilage while dodging major arteries and nerves and put you back together again like it was no big deal and then send you home with rehab papers cause you are now going to have to do 14 weeks of physical therapy that you swore you would never do, cause physical therapy is for those who are weak and don't have the mental toughness to recover from said surgery. Ya, that was me 5 years ago. I had pretty much convinced myself that I did not need physical therapy to recovery from this and that I would only go knowing that I could quit at any time and would probably go once or twice and would learn everything I needed too in a short period of time. So being the responsible patient that I am I googled physical therapy offices in RSM since I was starting a new job there a few days later. The first search option I clicked on had some creepy guy on it, so I vetoed them right away, I clicked on the next option, they looked normal so I called them up, signed up and was there a few days later. I went, it was tough and after a week of pain, a new job and physical therapy they broke me, I cried, it hurt so bad and I knew at that moment I needed this. I stuck it out for 14 weeks, 3 times a week for an hour each time. So where am I going with this great story you are probably wondering, well I made friends with these people and I see them from time to time here and there and I really like them. Well, the other day my friend Kris was telling me about the pilates place she goes to and I was intrigued cause a girl I paddle with is doing her pilates training right now and is offering DOCC club members a super cheap rate to train with her as she builds her hours. So Kris and I talk and talk about it, I go on Groupon and there is my Physical Therapy place offering a really good deal for classes at their place, so I buy the Groupon, call them up, schedule my first private lesson, go to it on my lunch hour and I LOVE IT. See I was a bit nervous going to one of those fancy studios with everyone in their perfectly fake OC bodies, tan skin and should be on the Facebook page "fit girls", where I just would not fit in, so I am so glad my physical therapy place has started offering pilates in a non-intimidating environment and it also makes it easier knowing a lot of people who work there, so I felt a lot more confident walking in to a new activity that I knew very little about. I am now hooked, I want to go as many times a week that I can, but it is EXPENSIVE, so I am trying to figure things out, so I can keep going for awhile since I am on a mission to wear shorts this summer and feel ok in a bathing suit. Operation #byebyethunderthighs and #tiptopshapein2014 has begun.

No comments:
Post a Comment