Saturday, May 31, 2014

Race Day - Marina del Rey Today!

Race day today!  We headed to Marina del Rey for the day bright and early this morning, I have pretty much come to the conclusion that the days of sleeping in are over for me for a long long long time considering we left the house at 5:30am, oh good morning.  We decided to live life on the edge when we pulled into a parking lot where the parking meter for all of the parking spots was broken, we risked free parking for a large donation to the City, lucky for us we did not get a ticket.  As usual we did not pack light, we had our wagon, chairs, paddles, cooler, scooter, beach tent and who knows what else, but we were prepared for pretty much anything ( I think the Sheriff was even packing heat as well, cause you never know when you might need a gun at the beach, smh).  Mr. Pie spent the day puppy sitting again, he did a great job, he is such an AWESOME kid who loves all creatures and they love him.  Everyone tells us that he "needs" a puppy and I am quick to say he has two at home and no he is not getting a puppy anytime soon, the thought of a puppy makes me hyperventilate.  Today marks a milestone for me in this paddling sport that has taken over my life, today I paddled an entire race, meaning no steering was done (I got to leave that up to someone else), I know this is not a big deal to some, but when you steer the boat you try and paddle as much as you can but your focus is on so many things that you do not get the full experience, so today my big backside sat in seat 5 and I paddle 12 miles, it was pretty awesome, nice little accomplishment for myself, silly I know, I am not sure how are boat did, I was too tired to check that out.  I only took two pictures today, one of the broken parking meter just in case we needed to fight a parking ticket and one of Mr. Pie passed out in the car, dude, that kid was OUT, lol, I take so many pictures of all of the activities that we do and it can be kind of overwhelming at times, so today I decided to be present and live in the moment, so I left my phone in my backpack and decided to remember the memories in my head without feeling the need to post them on Facebook or Instagram. 

Sammy's owner took this picture, so cute.

The look of a really dirty/tired kid who was only able to stay awake for a few minutes, once we got on the freeway he was out for the next 2 hours which included picking up Gracie and getting dinner.

We had a great day, I know I sound like a broken record, cause every post includes that phrase, but seriously, knock on wood, we don't have bad days together. 




No comments:

Post a Comment