Tuesday, November 25, 2014

What I did not blog about in November!

November was kinda of busy, busy as in paddling season was officially over on November 1, at 2pm and I have been busy watching tv, yes, I am lazy, lazy and proud of it.  So what did we do in November?
  
November 1st was the annual Dam Race in Parker, AZ, I drove out late Halloween night and Greg, Sheila, Lil, Jeff, Joe and I were this year’s Dam crew.  We decided a costume was in order (I thought I had pictures, I guess not) and we pretty much laughed the whole morning.  The race was a nightmare, the wind was so strong and in our face the whole time that it was not really fun.  After the race they served a really good lunch and I was headed home.  Please remind me that driving from the OC to Parker on a Friday night alone is a BAD idea.  Not sure what I was thinking, but it is dark and lonely out on those roads and if something were to happen help is a long way away.

We celebrated Super Dad’s birthday on November 8th, it was nice, Super Mom made a really good lasagna dinner and of course we brought out the slow motion app as we sang Happy Birthday, we LOVE that app.




They are waiting for Grampy to give them the word so they can start ripping the paper.

On Sunday the Sheriff, Mr. Pie and I finally carved our pumpkin.  The Sheriff worked on Halloween and I was on my way to the Dam race and Mr. Pie was with his mom, so we did not get to go trick or treating together.  Well, there is not a whole lot do with a carved pumpkin so naturally it only made sense to put fire crackers in it and try and blow it up, Mr. Pie was so nervous that we would get in trouble, he kept asking us if we were sure this was a good idea, I being the responsible adult kept saying yes and not to worry (this might backfire someday).   Well, the firecrackers we had were weak and did nothing to the pumpkin so we stuffed a roll of toilet paper in it and doused it with lighter fluid and set it on fire, well that turned out to be kind of lame so we put the fire out and went inside.  Total pumpkin FAIL.



On Veteran’s Day Ryan, Shannon, the Sheriff and I were all off work so we had dinner together at the parents house.  Mr. Pie and Caroline played and played together, it was so cute, they seriously love each other sooooo much.





Tobin James…..need I say more?  My new favorite wine!  I love love love this wine, the Sheriff and I drank a bottle of it last Sunday night (a week ago), it was so nice, we sat and drank our wine and chit chatted about life, it was so nice.



On Friday, the Sheriff got a text from one of the coaches at Mr. Pie's school, you can see for yourself what transpired.  After all of the laughing was over I started to think of the the serious consequences that could of occurred and it was no longer funny.


I went to a baby shower this past Sunday for my paddling friend Jackie, I am so excited for her, she and her husband are having a baby boy after trying for a long long long time to get pregnant.  Jackie is due in January and our club could not be happier for her.  It was so nice to meet up with my gal pals who I have not seen in a few weeks.
Jackie the Mom to Be.

Me, Windy & Lil

The Sheriff and I celebrated two years of dating with a coffee date, Mr. Pie chaperoned.  It was nice, we sat outside, enjoyed our coffee and then it ended abruptly when the Sheriff remembered that Mr. Pie had an orthodontist appointment at 10:15am and it was 10:05am when he remembered.  We said our goodbyes and I went home and finished my coffee with Gracie.


Ryan and Shannon had a doctor’s appointment today, the two chicks are growing, however they still need our prayers big time.

And this now brings us to current day today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment