Tomorrow is my blog's 5 year blogversary and this is the blog's 700th post. So, happy blogversary and 700th post "I'm Just Saying", it is crazy to think what this blog has been through and seen in the last five years. The tales of Gracie, funny stories, frustrations with life, tears, boyfriends, break-ups and make-ups, birthdays, births of babies, paddling adventures and list goes on and on! So in the spirit of the randomness that has graced this blog here is a oh so random post of life lately on this cloudy and rainy day.
First off the main reason you are probably reading the blog today, you know those cute little babes that joined us 12 days ago Madeleine and Evelyn, well here is an update from their Mama…..
I was lucky enough to go spend a couple hours with them late last night and there is talk of sending Madeleine home soon.
I bought Gracie a new bed last week and so far (knock on wood) she has not chewed a hole in it. I caught her in the act of pulling at it and trying to rip it, she got a quick pop to the mouth and a stern "no" and that was that, she is currently snoring like a old man and curled up in a ball on it.
I got good news in the mailbox last week in the form of some $$$, about 6 months ago the outside door lock on my car broke and I could not open my car with the spare key that I use when I go paddling so I had to have it fixed. I took my car in and it was over $300 to have it fixed, doh, but I got a letter from Honda saying that they are fixing all of the door locks and that I need to send in my receipts and they will pay me back, I am pretty happy.
Paddling season for the novice started a few weeks ago, the Sheriff and I have been helping out the last few weekends at the novice practice. We both feel that we should volunteer more but we don't have a lot of free time so this is the best we can do at this time. The Sheriff missed today because he is back working on Sundays, but I went and it poured rain on us, fun times.
I never blogged about Valentine's day, it was pretty uneventful but really nice. The Sheriff and I had two nights sans Mr. Pie and it was nice to go out just the two of us. The Friday before Vday we went to the BeachFire Grill, we had won a couple gift cards to there over the Summer, so it was nice to have a cheap date night and on Saturday night we stayed in and BBQ'ed some tri-tip, grilled some veggies and drank wine, a perfect night in my book.
Here is a pic of the front of the card I got him and yes, this was the third Valentine's Day in a row that I did not get a card, last year he received a lashing from my family about a lack of Valentine's Day acknowledgement and he bought me some flowers three days after the fact. I have come to the conclusion the Valentine's Day, flowers and cards are just not his thing, I just wish they were, just once a year a little something something would make me really happy. I mean for reals a $5 bouquet of flowers from Trader Joe's would make me so happy, oh well, a girl can dream.
Friday night the Sheriff and I had another night to ourselves, seriously people two weekends in a row, not gonna lie I could get used to this! I love having Mr. Pie around but in the last two point five years of dating we have not had a lot of nights without him and selfishly I really need them and I think WE really need them. We went to the new Slater's 50/50, it was pretty darn good, nothing fancy, but good burgers and different scenery for us, if you have not been I highly recommend it. We capped off the night with coffee for me, a cigar for the Sheriff at the park, no cell phones, no distractions, just me, him and chit chat, it was perfect.
Now I am off to find me something warm to eat or drink, today is the perfect day for comfort food! Thanks for being part of the past five years of my life and the 700 posts that came with it, here is to many more!

No comments:
Post a Comment