I had really great intentions about posting this yesterday
but sleep won! Not sure what is going on
but I have been dog tired all weekend long, I am even yawning typing this and I
went to bed around 6:15pm yesterday, it was wonderful, thinking about doing
that again tonight. Super Bowl Sunday
was great, I am so not a football fan, but I have to say that it was a really
good game, I try to root for the underdog but since I had no idea who that was
I went with who was losing at the end of the first quarter, so that was the
Seahawks! The Sheriff and I were lucky
enough to be kid free on Sunday morning (any of you who have never dated
someone with a child has no idea how glorious kid free time is), so we went
paddling. It was so nice to be out on
the water, we spent some time catching waves, chit chatting about life, talking
paddling techniques, poking fun at each other about our unique personality
traits and just playing because there is absolutely no need to even attempt to
get a good long workout in when you are as out of shape as I am. After our “workout” we went and picked up Mr.
Pie from his friend’s house, he had a sleepover the night before and I hardly
think there was any sleep going on. Once
we got in the car Mr. Pie was suffering from his post sleepover hangover, oh I
remember those days, the fun is over, you have had zero sleep and now you are
home with nothing to do and you are grouchy, thankfully I was able to leave and
the Sheriff had to deal with that. We
were invited to a Super Bowl Party at one of the Sheriff’s friends’ houses and
it was a lot of fun, everyone was so nice and welcoming and I really enjoyed
hanging with them. I was kind of
dreading it because I did not really know these people and the last time I went
into a situation like this was at a 2 year olds birthday party and the hostess
was a total B*&^# to me, I am guessing because I am the new girlfriend and
not the ex-wife who she was good friends with and she made it perfectly clear
that I was not welcome, that was pretty awesome. Anywho, we had a great time, we did not want
to show up empty handed so Pioneer Woman to the rescue! I made a yummy queso dip; it was my first
time cooking with Velveeta, next to the crock pot I have to say that stuff kind
of scares me. I looked for it in the
cheese aisle at the market and it turns out it does not need to be refrigerated
and it was in aisle #1, that is just gross and when you chop it up in blocks it
is like a rubber ball, but goodness it sure melts into some gut clogging yummy
goodness. We ate, drank and lost money,
but it was a good time and I hope we get to do it again next year. The recipe I used can be found here, I substituted
ground beef for the breakfast sausage cause that stuff is nasty and I threw
mine into the crockpot since we were going to be traveling with it.
Hope you all enjoyed game day despite that horrible half-time show!

No comments:
Post a Comment