Thursday, December 31, 2015

December!

I last left you with a troubling story of how Ebo had bit me and I was soooooo over him and I did not want a puppy.  Well, let’s just say things have gotten better and I am understanding Ebo’s personality a lot better, he is becoming part of the family, he really is THE SHERIFF”S sweet dog and thankfully he is has not peed in the house in the last couple weeks and does not eat his poop as often. 


  I spent the majority of December signing my life away throughout the 30 day escrow process of selling the condo, thankfully everything went really smooth for the most part except when the new owner thought I should replace a perfectly good water heater and furnace (ya, she must have been high, especially after I had to drop the sale price $10,000 to meet the appraisal amount).  The final countdown to closing day was a bit emotional, but thankfully I had a lot to do and the prospect of a new house keeping me busy and my mind off of leaving MY quiet place, it was hard leaving the keys on the kitchen counter and walking away.  The Super Parents and I have put so much blood, sweat and tears into that place, I feel like I am leaving a huge part of me behind.  

Just a few things left to pack up before the close of escrow!

We celebrated Mr. Pies birthday on December 10th with his annual birthday dinner at King’s Fish House, we all had a really good dinner and topped it off with a little ice cream to celebrate him turning 11.  December 10th was also my Grammy’s birthday, she would have been 92 years old, she has been gone for 22 years but I always remember her birthday.  The following Friday we had Mr. Pies birthday party with his friends and because we like to make things crazy busy we had a couple house showings just hours before the party.  The party went great but there were a few hiccups along the way!  The Sheriff took Ebo with him to pick Mr. Pie up from school, while Ebo was waiting in his crate he pooped, so you can imagine the smell and the mess that the Sheriff had to deal with (thank God I was not involved, I would of sent Ebo back to where he came from), the Sheriff forgot to pick up the cake, all of the kids met at the house before heading to the trampoline place, when we left the Sheriff left the front gate wide open with his keys in it (hello burglars, please help yourself to our stuff), the Sheriff lost his wallet at the trampoline place, but only realized it when he went to get the cake, Baskin Robbins would not take my credit card over the phone so he had to come back home to get cash from me, thankfully he forgot the cake earlier in the day otherwise he might not of noticed that he lost his wallet and if any good came out of this his wallet was found with all of the cash in it.  

King Crab for the birthday boy!


The kid can do tricks!


On December 16th we got to join the Sheriff out on the water for the first night of the boat parade, it was cold but the lights were pretty and it was nice to get to hang with the Sheriff at work.  He has worked so much overtime this month we have hardly seen him.


It was hard to get a good picture of the boat, but those are dolphins on the side.

On December 19th we celebrated Mari & Mr. Pies birthday's at G&G's, it was crazy loud but everyone seemed to have a good time and those two went home with some great gifts.









Anne came to visit, it was so great to see her!

The loving Grandma's, they could not love or be more proud of their grandchildren!







Christmas came and went quickly!  The Sheriff made a fantastic prime rib dinner for the two of us with all the fixings, I was stuffed afterwards but it was sooo worth it.


The Sheriff and I had his parents over for brunch Christmas morning, but they ended up bringing sooo much food that I only made the bread boat that I had been wanting to try.  Due to the Sheriff's house being up for sale, him working so much and us wanting the house to feel as big as possible when people came to view it we did not end up decorating, so instead of a Christmas tree we had a Christmas crate on Christmas morning!


G&G hosted Christmas dinner at their house, I did not really take any pictures, I'm not sure why not. The Super Parents were ridiculously generous this year and I am still in shock from this year's gifts.  The Sheriff's parents joined us for Christmas this year, they were a nice addition to our family traditions.





I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and now that life has sort of calmed down blogging should return to normal!



No comments:

Post a Comment