Oh Ebo! Friday the
Sheriff and I brought home a fifty pound four legged bundle of fur AKA a German
Shepard puppy named Ebo (or as of right now known as the little
terrorist). Yes, we are crazy! We met Steve the breeder down in Fallbrook
after a three hour drive due to an overturned semi-truck, met the little
terrorist who was super sweet at the time but oh so SMELLY and brought him home
after a quick do it yourself bath at a local feed barn. Ebo got along with Gracie, let Mr. Pie walk
him and was an all-around god dog until we were all under the same roof where
he and Gracie exchanged a few words. We put Ebo in a crate to kind of help him
get used to the new sounds, smells, and surroundings, he was a PERFECT dog, he
never barked, was chill and I was thinking “we got this”. Saturday we took everyone to the park after a
quick trip to the pet store to buy a new crate for Gracie in Ken’s truck and a
quick breakfast. Everyone was doing
great! We spent three hours at the park
working on basic commands, walking in a pack, playing ball and not eating our
poop (Ebo) and everything was great.
Gracie and Ebo exchanged a few words and Gracie clearly dominated the conversation
and basically told Ebo to shape up or ship out.
We took the two tired pups and the three tired humans to Costco, I
whipped up a roast for dinner (a first for me) and we all settled in for a
quiet night in front of the TV watching “Home Alone” (Mr. Pie had never seen
it, can you believe that?). Sunday
rolled around, I decided Ebo and I needed some alone time so I took him for a
walk, he did really good and seemed to pick up corrections fairly quickly. Ebo
met some of the neighbors and learned how to jump into my car (we start puppy
classes tomorrow, he and I). We took him
to get microchipped and some vaccinations and again he was great. After a quick trip to the doughnut shop for
Mr. Pie we headed home and I left the boys so I could go home and start packing
up my garage because that’s right I SOLD my condo and I have to be out in a
couple weeks. The Sheriff and Mr. Pie
played with the pups until it was time for the Sheriff to head to work
(midnight shift, boo) and Mr. Pie to head to his Mom’s house. I showed up about
an hour after they left, took care of the dogs and then went back to my house
to sell a few items I had posted online from yesterday’s garage clean out. After I sold the items, I headed back to the
Sheriff’s house and as I opened the front door I looked into the crate and I
could not see Ebo (panic set in), seconds later both he and Gracie greeted me
at the door. WTH. I quickly surveyed the scene, checked the
bedrooms and I was pleasantly surprised that everything looked good until I
walked into the kitchen and there was PEE everywhere, that damn dog peed all
over the kitchen. I called the Sheriff
to let him know what his dog had done and then went to wrangle the pups. Ebo was starting to get a little rowdy and
Gracie was starting to get pissed and as I was standing there telling Ebo “NO”
the little terrorist bit my leg hard. I
grabbed him by the scruff of his neck and told him in a forceful way “NO” and
marched him out to the garage crate, I was not going to mess with him anymore,
I was done. Ebo spent the night outside
(he has a nice fur coat to keep him warm) I mopped the floor, showered and ate
ice cream until it was bedtime. This
morning the Sheriff asked me to find a large wire crate online for cheap, I
logged on to Facebook, found one for $50 that was located close to my office
and at 1pm today I will purchasing it, no negotiations, nada, it will be ours
soon!
Milo had chewed the crate initially and we fixed it. Ebo found the weak spot and destroyed it along with squeezing through the small opening. And the towel inside the crate was on the outside when I left him.
I laughed when I saw " I am surprised "THEY"did not tear anything up", Gracie is perfect it is more like "EBO" that he should be worried about.
I know he will get better, he has had ZERO training so it will just take time. Pray for me and send wine!!





No comments:
Post a Comment