The Sheriff and I have been dating for three years come the
end of this month, crazy to think it has been that long. Somedays it seems like he has been part of my
life FOREVER and other days it seems just like yesterday that we met, crazy to
think that it all started with a click of a button. For some of you, you may not know the back
story of how we met, because I don’t think I have ever shared this on the blog
and I never really planned on sharing it, but it has been three years, so I
think I can share it now. For starters
we met on match.com, if any of you have ever tried your hand at online dating,
dude it is intense and not for the weak.
Only a few people knew I was doing the whole online dating thing and I
only told a select few for safety reasons (otherwise I would of kept it a
secret) in the event that I went missing they would be able to tell the cops
where I was and who I was with. I had
been on match.com for a few weeks, it was lame and was not working for me so I
had pretty much decided that I was cancelling my membership but waited to the
end of the month before I was billed AGAIN.
Throughout my short lived time on there, there was this guy who started
messaging me out of the blue, he would send a couple messages and then
disappear mid conversation, it was annoying but whatever I did not really care,
I was not interested and done with online dating so whatever. After a few more random messaging sessions I
looked at his profile again and he had mentioned something about paddling,
hmmm, I thought for a moment do I know this guy? I was in my second season of paddling at this
point and kind of freaked out that our paths might have already crossed. Because paddling was a huge part of my life
at that moment, I knew I wanted to meet someone who liked water sports, paddled
or was willing to give paddling a try because I was not going to give it up for
“some guy”. I messaged him asking about
the paddling reference on his profile and explained to him that I paddled for
DOCC, I did not put any of that on my profile because I did not want any of the
crazy online daters to be able to track me down anywhere. We chit chatted a bit about paddling, my
online dating experience was coming to an end, this guy would pop up here and
there and for some crazy reason I gave him my phone number in the event that wanted
to contact me again. I moved on with my
life, kind of forgot about him until he started texting me again, again it was
very sporadic and I really did not care.
Sometimes I would respond, sometimes I would not, this went on for a
long time, we are talking months people, he asked me out a couple time, I
always found reasons to say “no”, then one night, Friday, November 23 to be
exact, this guy texted me late at night, I was in bed and sound asleep so I did
not get it until early the next morning as I was getting ready to head out to
winter paddling practice. I knew he was
working late at night so I thought ok, if this guy is going to text me late at
night when I am sleeping, then I am going to text him early when he should be
sleeping, so I did and I was surprised that he responded saying “you must be
going paddling”, I responded “yep” and he said “can I come?”, I said “umm,
well, yes, I guess, I can’t really stop you” and he said “I will see you at
Baby Beach” and then panic set in! After
I had an internal freak out moment, I thought to myself this is perfect, I have
not showered, my hair is a mess and I have no make-up on, I will NEVER hear
from this guy again, fantastic, I cannot wait to get this over with!! So we meet at the beach, he meets my friends,
I have no idea how to introduce him so I kind of just left him alone to fend
for himself, he seemed to be getting along with my friends, my friends kept
looking at me with the look of “who is this guy” and I tried to keep it
together and told them I would explain everything later. We paddled, it was fun, practice was over and
now I had to talk to him again, all of my friends were going to breakfast so I
reluctantly invited him along. We
devised a plan on what to say to people if they asked how we knew each other,
saying it was through work, but up until that point he had no idea where I worked
and I did not really want to tell him but I did making him promise he would not
become some crazy stalker. We had
breakfast with my friends, hung out afterwards in the parking lot and then that
was it. I was pretty sure that I would
never hear from him again and I was cool with that. I was wrong he texted me later in the day
asking if my friends liked him, I did not respond for a long time, not sure
why, I guess I had just mentally prepared myself for not hearing from him again
and wondered why he was continuing to contact me. To my surprise he wanted to go out again, so
we had a coffee date, where I basically told him if you are not looking for a
long term relationship or you want to play stupid mind games DO NOT WASTE MY
TIME, my clock is ticking and I do not have time to mess around with stupid
guys. Yes, again I was prepared to never
hear from him again and wouldn’t you know it he kept calling and the rest is
history!
Now it is time for a ring and some babies, my clock is
ticking!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment